Hello from NYC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NYC!

Hi everyone! My name is Faith and I am from New York. I have met this wonderful man from Italy through a video chat app and have been talking to him everyday since we met. I know it's the very early stage of us being in a relationship, I don't even know if we are already in a relationship actually but it seems like it.

How do you guys deal with the time difference, etc.?

Thanks!xo

Hi and welcome!
    Well currently my SO and I have an 18 hour time difference, but we could simplify that down to a six hour time difference as it doesn't matter that it's a different day, as long as we can spend time with each other, and we do, multiple times a day; although having said that, he's just gone to Day Light saving, and we will lose that next month, so we will have to ajust to seven.

It's not easy, but you can work around it. Just sit down and talk about your schedules and when you can slip in a chat during the day. Not every couple talks every day; some only text and have one or two nights a week set up for chatting.
    My SO is in between jobs right now so it's a lot easier for us at present. When he gets another job, we will have to sit down and work it out again.
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

hello and welcome!!
      Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
      ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
      closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Hello! You are from my neck of the woods-- I'm just north of you in Westchester county.

Since your SO is from Italy, you may have a lot of questions pertaining specifically to the logistics of an international LDR, for which we have a great International section that probably has a lot of threads of interest to you.

On a personal level, dealing with anyone's schedule can be challenging, and it's important to communicate openly and early so that neither of you is left wondering later on. Getting the time difference calculations down can be tricky (especially with DST), but is essential to scheduling.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

That's amazing!

By the time I get out of work, he's already super tired so most of the time, I don't catch him.

I guess we will just have to keep trying! Thanks doll.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X