Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving in together this week, anxiety

Hi all

It's been a while since I posted on this forum at all since I and my bf closed the distance. This weekend we are finally moving in together in a house that we will be renting. I was super thrilled when we heard about the opportunity, but now I am beginning to feel scared/anxious.. Moving away from my parents, especially my mother, even at the ripe age of 24 is something that makes me sad; I and my mother do everything together, and she's been with me SO MUCH during the time my SO was away. We always do a bunch of outdoors activities together during the winter and during the summer... While my bf is more of an inside person, I do try to encourage him to go out but it's not something that comes naturally with him.

I am super excited for the summer and the beautiful temperature and suggested SO we start looking to buy bicycles for the summer, but instead he just bought a super perfmormant computer to start streaming video games. It doesn't look like he's even thinking about the bicycle project anymore. I'm super afraid of spending the summer doing all my outdoor things alone.

I also had a project for years - I wanted to rescue a Spanish Galgo (we already have a small dog, an Italian Greyhound that we love to bits) when we would have a place of our own.. But he really doesn't seem too thrilled about it.. It seems all my excitement of moving out is starting to fade away because he's not into the two important projects I had in mind. I don't know if it sounds childish, but now the excitement is barely there.. I'm just scared, scared of not having my dear mom to do all the activities I like with me, scared of having my dreams not coming true, scared of doing my things alone, again.
    Last edited by OtantikTin; March 21, 2017, 11:15 AM.

Perhaps you can still do your outdoor activities with your mom? That would give you something to do that the 2 of you share and is special to you. I'm assuming you didn't move too far away from your parents? What activities do you and BF enjoy doing together that you can perhaps expand upon? Living together will definitely tell you if it's meant to workout for the long-term. Good luck! I know it is scary and a huge adjustment.
    Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
    ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
    closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

No I'm not going to be too far away since I'm keeping my two jobs; The one closer to where I move, and the other in my natal town. It's about 30mins drive. I will be visiting my parents every week for sure.

Boyfriend comes with me do my outdoor things but it shows that he's just not into it much. I love just enjoying the landscape, he doesn't, I love just sitting on the grass with my dog and enjoy the sun, with no distractions. In the winter I and my bf get along just perfect since we both don't like to go outside in the cold. But with the years I noticed he doesn't just don't like going outside when it's cold; he doesn't like going outside at all it seems. And it affects our companionship a lot during the beautiful seasons. I mean, it's ok to play Xbox all day when the weather is bad, but when it's warm and beautiful out it makes me aggressive. :/ Yesterday it was the first day of spring and the weather was wonderful, and SO stayed inside all day with the blinkers closed, playing World of Warcraft.

Comment

that sounds so depressing... I get video games, believe me, I love playing them with SO and sitting on the couch when we're feeling lazy... but thankfully he loves the outdoors as much as I do. Hope he comes around to doing more outside activities!
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Same, I love video games and spent my childhood playing them, but I was taught otherwise than to continue playing when the weather is good. I prefer to do something fun with the people I love and my dog when the sun shines. Hopefully we plan to go fishing and doing fun stuff with the dog.. I don't want to have to force him for these things..

Comment

alittle late for the party haha but as a man who knows how important it is to build a relationship that stands firm, he has to put that game down on those seasons with good weather for you, you are his girl doin those simple activities you enjoy with him included in it are special memories yall share together, i myself is a big gamer hardly ever go out but if i had the opportunity to have my SO by my side right now and she wanted to do things you like to do i would no doubt fine time for her maybe weekends? maybe week days? hell having a relationship is about making the special someone feel good, its great that yall to are living together in such a nice age haha, i bet my SO wished she had this opportunity with me right now and i do to, i would not let do activities alone, while i do want time to do the things i love like games and watching anime, its my duty to make sure she gets most of time that i can give her, so yea im sure he is a good guy i just hope he see it similar to me and sometimes you gotta put your foot down let him know he gotta start being a BF/im sure future husband and build fun memories with you, theres alot i wish to do with my SO right now we will get there in time tho. so yea best of luck to ya both, and if theres any wisdom i can share its allways treat your lover just as good as someone that wishes they had them.

Comment

Working...
            X