Do you have your SO's clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have your SO's clothes?

I love when we are apart & I can sleep in his shirt or shorts...even sweats that he gave me when we were together. It makes me feel so much closer to him. Do any of you sleep in your SO's clothing when apart. what other things do you do to feel closer to your SO when apart?
    CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Originally posted by Loveyoumore View Post
    I love when we are apart & I can sleep in his shirt or shorts...even sweats that he gave me when we were together. It makes me feel so much closer to him. Do any of you sleep in your SO's clothing when apart. what other things do you do to feel closer to your SO when apart?
    My partner visited me this winter and let me his sweater that I wear very often. I was joking the other day because it's starting to be too warm to wear it and I said, ''you'll have to send me your t-shirt''
    He gave me a pocket watch too. I tend to carry it everywhere wth me so I feel like he is a bit more with me. Other than that, I don't do anything particular.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

I didn't ask for it, but my SO brought an extra hoodie for me during his first visit so that I could wear it when he's gone, which I thought was so, so sweet. I don't wear it to bed, but I'll wear it around the apartment sometimes and he likes to see me wearing it on webcam. Occasionally I'll just hug it because I miss him.

Non-clothing-wise, he also brought some of his favourite books for me that he thought I would like and left them here for me to read. I loaned him one of my favorite books as well. One of the books that he left for me has been his since he was in gradeschool, and I love to flip open the first page to see his name written inside of it.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Yes, it was a thing we do... he'd leave me the shirt he wore all day on his last day, and I'd sleep with it - I lovingly called it "my blankey" cheesy I know... and I would wait as long as I could stand to before I'd wash it. Now I have a majority of his clothes in my closet.
        Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
        ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
        closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

No, I use the phone for feeling close.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Actually I did send my lady a shirt from me in her favourite colour. I know she sleeps in it.
            Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I have a tank and T-shirt that I wear. I don't think he has anything of mine. I also wear some of my ex-husbands shirts and sweaters that ended up with my clothes and they are really comfy.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

My SO gave me one of his hoodie during the second visit. I sleep in it most of the time or just keep it close to me. He put some of his perfume on my scarf and I bought a small version of it to be able to smell his scent everyday. But we don't have anything more than that.

Comment

Yes I have a shirt of his that I sleep in. I also have a few of his books

Comment

Please do not change the color of your text.

From the forum guidelines:

DON'T:

- Do not use anything other than the standard font/color/size/etc. Reading things like this is neither easy nor enjoyable, and even small changes can make things much more difficult for people with visual disabilities.

Comment

I have two of his t-shirts, a hoodie, and a pair of pajama bottoms. I might not give him back the pajama bottoms, because they're really cozy, but everything else is free game for him. I also have a few random objects of his, including a bear keychain thing he made when he was a kid.

Comment

When I went on a week long elk hunt in New Mexico, ML sent a care package to my local contact who brought it to camp. In it, along with cookies, a motivational poster, and a decal was a hooded sweatshirt, in my size she wore for a couple weeks. Smelled like her (which was not ideal for hunting elk) but being out of touch it was comforting to have her "there with me" in camp.

She now has one of my Tshirts she will sleep in that has our local high school as the emblem.

Comment

I have his hoodie. He also gave me his aftershave so I can spray it on the hoodie or on my pillow. It's so amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post

DON'T:

- Do not use anything other than the standard font/color/size/etc. Reading things like this is neither easy nor enjoyable, and even small changes can make things much more difficult for people with visual disabilities.

I will definitely not be changing the font color again. I wasn't aware of this rule.
                            CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post

DON'T:

Not meaning to be rude or anything but... I've seen other people doing this too. And whilst I get the reasoning behind the "don't do its," relax... it's not the first time and it won't be the last.

OP, I keep hoping my SO will leave something behind for me when he comes over in 3 months or so. Some kind of aftershave would be perfect, I like the idea of being able to smell his scent even after he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X