Stressed Out Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed Out Relationship

I love my boyfriend a lot, but we live an hour apart. That isn't a long time compared to how long the distance could have been. We have discussed moving in together and he is working hard to increase his income so that he will be able to afford an apartment so that we can finally live together. He is the best guy so far. He is very intelligent, caring and thoughtful. He let me use his car when my car wasn't working. He gives me advice. He has helped me with my taxes. Sometimes he gets upset and is jealous that my time is being spent somewhere else. I work 40 hours a week as a manager dealing with people all day and it tires me out. Outside of work I live with my father and I pay to live there. I had personal issues with my father when I was younger. He has hurt my self-esteem and has verbally put me down. Not recently, but when I was younger. I don't want my father meeting my boyfriend. I don't have my boyfriend around my home and I have described why. I just don't feel safe with my father around. I am living in a certain survival mode at the moment. Is there any advice that someone could give me on how to proceed into developing a stronger, healthier long distance relationship for the time being?

Yes. do not move in with him.
    He is the best guy so far??? Really??
    Sometimes he gets upset and is jealous that my time is being spent somewhere else--- you don't see a problem with this?

Girlfriend, you don't need "the best guy so far". you need to find and learn how to respect yourself. Save up and get a place for you. No one else but you.
    Last edited by sasad; March 24, 2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X