Split by Borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Split by Borders

He is the absolute love of my life. I have been in a couple small relationships before him, but nothing compares to this wonderful, genuine man. I love him with all of my heart and he returns the favor; I could not have asked for anyone more. The only problem that we both face is living in different countries; he was born and raised in Canada, and I was born and raised here in the US. Everything that I want in life is to be able to create a new life with him, and that is all he wants with me as well. I have decided that I want to move there to be with him rather than stay here. We just cannot seem to find a way for me to legally move there without needing a high experienced job or getting married right away. I was thinking of just going there for college and getting a good degree there, however I do not even know if going to college is the right choice for me. Right now I am doing my best to try and visit him as often as possible, but I am also having financial issues with trying to save up for college if that is the only way I can get closer to him. We both absolutely 110% want to be with one another; we just face a giant challenge in order to finally be with each other.

Go to college and get an education. ou can only visit so much. Plan your live and dont just live for today and now

Comment

Originally posted by snelson3883 View Post
      He is the absolute love of my life. I have been in a couple small relationships before him, but nothing compares to this wonderful, genuine man. I love him with all of my heart and he returns the favor; I could not have asked for anyone more. The only problem that we both face is living in different countries; he was born and raised in Canada, and I was born and raised here in the US. Everything that I want in life is to be able to create a new life with him, and that is all he wants with me as well. I have decided that I want to move there to be with him rather than stay here. We just cannot seem to find a way for me to legally move there without needing a high experienced job or getting married right away. I was thinking of just going there for college and getting a good degree there, however I do not even know if going to college is the right choice for me. Right now I am doing my best to try and visit him as often as possible, but I am also having financial issues with trying to save up for college if that is the only way I can get closer to him. We both absolutely 110% want to be with one another; we just face a giant challenge in order to finally be with each other.
      College first.

First Visit: September 2016
      Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
      Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
      For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
      John 4:12
      I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

We're US/Canada, too! If you can swing it, I would highly recommend going to school. Not only will it give you an opportunity to establish yourself in Canada if you choose a school in Canada, but it will also greatly expand your career opportunities and frame of mind.

What does your SO do? Are they working? In school?
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

College is not for everyone but if you decide against it then you need a really good plan. Having a gap year is also a good option if you need some time to think.

That being said, if you really want to close the distance then college would be a good way to do it. Only if there is a course you are interested, don't pick a random course only because of the location. He cant be the only thing you want in life. We are talking about your future and education is a good investment in that future.

Comment

Make your college decision based on your desires, not him! My SO and I have been long distance for five years so I could complete my education on my terms, and he's decided that goign from high school to working almost full time is what he wants to do. This is perfectly fine, but our relationship could only have grown the way it has because I stayed in school and became my own person separate from him. Cultivate yourself because you love yourself, not because you want to be with him. <3

That being said: a passport and plane tickets are infinitely less expensive than student loans taken in vain because you broke up and lost interest.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegeodes View Post
              Make your college decision based on your desires, not him! My SO and I have been long distance for five years so I could complete my education on my terms, and he's decided that goign from high school to working almost full time is what he wants to do. This is perfectly fine, but our relationship could only have grown the way it has because I stayed in school and became my own person separate from him. Cultivate yourself because you love yourself, not because you want to be with him. <3

That being said: a passport and plane tickets are infinitely less expensive than student loans taken in vain because you broke up and lost interest.
              Could not have said it better!! Your SO should enrich your life, not define it. Time is something you have on your side!
              Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
              ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
              closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Originally posted by snelson3883 View Post
                You're 18 and you've been in this relationship for about four months. Don't jump the gun and do anything rash. Slow down, get to know each other more...it probably seems like you've known each other forever, but face it--you haven't. Enjoy the newness of this relationship, but don't burden it with the stress of starting a new life. Work on your personal future, cuz if something happens, you'll have to pick up your own check.
                Good luck!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X