Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hi! My name is Mercy and I'm in a 5+ year long distance relationship. We're currently engaged to be married next St. Patrick's day, which is exciting!

If I'm being honest, part of the reason why I joined is because I'm doing academic research on long distance relationships. As I'm sure many of you know, long distance relationships are very rarely taken seriously or at least are seen as "less functional" than geographically close couples. I know this isn't true and you know this isn't true, but it's a prejudice that effects my field just as much as the rest of society. There is so little scholarly research done on long distance relationships and the validity thereof that many studies exempt them altogether from relationship analysis. If more public research was done and a better picture of how long distance relationships function was made, then perhaps the stigmas attached to being in a long distance relationship would begin to disappear.

My research is IRB approved (meaning that I am certified and approved to survey) and I'm currently distributing a survey through Qualtrics, which I'm really, really hoping I can post a link to my survey soon, as my deadline is fast approaching! As stands right now with spam rules I can't, but I'm hopeful, haha!

Hi and welcome to the group! It's sure a great site.
    So pleased to hear you are doing this for the reasons you stated.
    Will be happy to fill out the survey when you provide the link.
    Last edited by rache82; April 2, 2017, 10:40 PM. Reason: to add
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

I will fill out your survey as well.
      Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
      ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
      closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Welcome here. I'm also interested in filling out your survey.

Comment

Working...
        X