Some News to Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some News to Share

Hey. I haven't been in the community for a while. Too busy in the process of getting my life together.

Anyway, I do have news. Big news, at that.

So, after coming back from the Philippines to New York two years ago and having to basically build myself from the ground up in order to bounce back from the unexpected resignation of my former job abroad...

I may've not found work up until now, but I am planning to go back to school. After going through the tedious, exhausting application process, I got an official letter from UCI two months ago and have been accepted into their paralegal program. So, I will going to California come fall time to study.

Which also means I'll basically close the distance with my LD fiance after being nearly thirteen years of physical separation.

...However, I'm quite anxious about a lot of things. Apart from needing to find work there, I'll also need to hunt for housing and take out loans (for both tuition and housing until I find an actual job). But I still have some more time, so I need to keep a steady mindset and just dig deeply into planning this successfully.

Another thing, though... there may be a possibility that my fiance and I will be apart for a little while longer. You see, my fiance was offered a law job before graduation time. He is graduating from law school next month and will be taking the bar exams for his attorney license this upcoming July. The law firm basically fits in with his law branch (Immigration Law).

...The only problem is that it'll be in Las Vegas.

BUT he's been reassuring me that if he actually lands on this job, he'll A) visit me on the weekends while I study and B) if he passes his bar exams while he's at it, they'll offer him the opportunity to open another law firm branch in California and he'll be back in Cali as early as January 2018.

While nothing has been set in stone for this job (Hell, he hasn't been interviewed by them yet), I do admit my disappointment. I am ashamed to say that my built up frustration burst out too as I didn't take the news too well and I was pissed off at him and in tears. Yeah, I'll support him with whatever he needs to do, it's not like I'm forbidding him to go. But I feel like if this job does come into play, it'll just remind me that it's getting in the way of my attempts to close this damn distance. I feel like there would be no point of going to Cali if he's going to move to Las Vegas temporarily. I know I'm being a little selfish, but I can't help it. I've been told that I should move over there yet he's just going to go away again? It's counterproductive and not how I wanted things to go for us, if you ask me honestly.

But yeah, nothing's been set in stone for him and I've calmed down since then.

I guess that's all I have to say about this for now.

congrats on being one step closer to closing the distance!
    Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
    ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
    closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

That sounds like a lot going on Best of luck! Hope it will all work out nicely for you guys Sure it does suck when you make the move and he just gets further away, but as you said it's very temporalry, he didn't get it yet ect. so a lot can change. I guess just take it easy and go with the flow

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkling72 View Post
        congrats on being one step closer to closing the distance!
        Thank you very much. It's hard to stay patient for a little while longer, but I'm doing my best.

Comment

Originally posted by SailorRei View Post
          That sounds like a lot going on Best of luck! Hope it will all work out nicely for you guys Sure it does suck when you make the move and he just gets further away, but as you said it's very temporalry, he didn't get it yet ect. so a lot can change. I guess just take it easy and go with the flow
          Thank you so much.

I hope things will work out as well. XD It really has been hard trying to be patient and I just feel exhausted at times. So, I really want things to be okay.

Comment

Working...
          X