Should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be concerned?

So my military boyfriend and I have a complicated story. We dated on and off for about two years, took a two year break, and now we've been back together for almost 6 months. He's stationed in Florida and I'm attending a college in Virginia. He and I are from the same hometown, and he's currently visiting family there. We were supposed to see each other on Sunday, but he blew off my texts and calls so I just went back to school without seeing him. That made me really sad and now he's not initiating any communication. I have to be the first to text or call and it's getting really frustrating. He's always really bad about talking and hanging out when he's at home, but it's usually okay when he's back in Florida. My friends all think that I should be concerned about him not talking to me first. Should I make a big deal out of it? Any advice is helpful!

January 30th, 2017 03:36 PM
    Originally posted by dalexis7 View Post
    So I'm dating an extremely kind and loving military man. He's stationed in Florida and I'm attending a college in Virginia. We've been back together for almost four months now and the distance is seriously getting to me. Plane tickets are draining my bank account and I feel like I'm losing sight of the point. What's the end game supposed to be? How do you stay optimistic when you're so far away from your SO all the time? Any advice/words of wisdom will be helpful!
    Today 10:00 AM
    Originally posted by dalexis7 View Post
    So my military boyfriend and I have a complicated story. We dated on and off for about two years, took a two year break, and now we've been back together for almost 6 months. He's stationed in Florida and I'm attending a college in Virginia. He and I are from the same hometown, and he's currently visiting family there. We were supposed to see each other on Sunday, but he blew off my texts and calls so I just went back to school without seeing him. That made me really sad and now he's not initiating any communication. I have to be the first to text or call and it's getting really frustrating. He's always really bad about talking and hanging out when he's at home, but it's usually okay when he's back in Florida. My friends all think that I should be concerned about him not talking to me first. Should I make a big deal out of it? Any advice is helpful!
    Are you feeling like this relationship is one sided? I ask the question because the way you present the relationship in your posts, it really sounds one sided. I encourage you to make boundaries around the way you want to be treated and to communicate that to your partner. If the two of you are having a relationship that is a partnership, the two of you need to contribute to the relationship. Relationships that are one sided are exhausting... and sounds like they are expensive.

Comment

He's supposed to be your boyfriend, whom you haven't seen in how long? and he blew you off when he was in town? Deal breaker in my book. There's not that much that's complicated about it. My SO is military and we make it work.
      Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
      ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
      closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Working...
      X