What does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens What does this mean?

I have been seeing a guy who lives in a different city for 3 months now, he has never asked me to be his girlfriend however he said to me that we are together and that he doesnt want to see anyone else. I'm crazy about him, and always want to see him. Our relationship is great, we have had problems but have worked through them. And i have no doubts that he likes me. We try to see eachother at least once every week if possible, however It is getting harder and harder for me as i get more attatched and want to see him more. Tonight i asked him if we still had our plans for the weekend and he told me he was busy, however 'busy' just means recovering from the night before. I asked if there was any other days we could see eachother and he said he wants to be alone. I asked him if he still wanted to be with me and see me and he replied with yes, which had left me confused, as he says he misses me but doesn't want to see me when i'm available? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated, as i just need my mind putting to rest

I'm not a teen, but you need to just communicate and ask him the reason. Did you do that?
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Yes, I don't want to push him too much for answers but he said he's been very busy and needs some time to himself. I don't want to be pushy if someone says they want alone time, however is this the truth ?

Comment

Communication is key in a relationship. When one party is just shut down or afraid to talk to the other - that's not communication and that's not a relationship. That's one person having complete control of everything that is going on.

He can't see you because he's hungover? He can't see you because he's too busy and needs some alone time? Those contradict each other. He has time to go out with friends and then needs time to recover but then he needs alone time, so cancels your plans? That doesn't set well with me.

What's the age difference between the two of you? Did the two of you decide to see each other weekly?
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I am 17 and he is 20. And yes we we

Comment

Were seeing eachother

Comment

Weekly, until his band took off and now its getting harder to both be available at the same time.

Comment

You may want to discuss readjusting the weekly schedule to something that will work for both of you. I don't know what country you are in, so not sure if you can get into the bars/clubs he's playing. Even when things take off in our careers or extra-cirricular activities, it's important that we still maintain our relationships with SO's, family and friends. I'd suggest talking with him about this, how you're feeling and see if you can work out a solution. You may both have to give a little bit, but relationships do involve compromise.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                X