FIRST TIME MEETING STRESS :O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST TIME MEETING STRESS :O

Me and my boyfriend have been together for over 3 years now and haven't met yet.. We've been talking about it forever but it never worked out. Today I sat down and got tickets for us to meet and we'll be meeting in 44 days!! I'm so stressed and nervous already.. Any tips about making our first time together go even more perfectly? And on how to ease the stress? Thank you All!

I would say the best thing is not to expect for things to go perfectly. There may be first time meeting jitters and sometimes it's a little awkward at first. Just remember that this is the same person you have seen on camera and talked to a million times. The only difference is this time you can actually reach out and touch them. Don't put too much pressure on youself.....just have a good time! And remember to be flexible - sometimes the best laid plans can get derailed and you just have to make a new, spur of the moment adventure.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Definitely don't expect things to be perfect ;P
        The less stress you put on each other for this meeting to be something absolutely amazing rather than the two of you finally meeting in person the better!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Echoing the message that you can't expect things to go perfectly-- the first time I met my SO, I got a MASSIVE nosebleed while crying and bled all over his favourite hoodie. I was utterly horrified, but in retrospect, it kind of makes things better when you're able to get through the imperfect moments together, you know? That's life.

Aside from that (and this has taken me a long time to understand, despite being in my mid-20s), your SO likes you for you. You don't need to stress yourself out trying to cover up your bad parts or pretending to be someone you think they'd prefer. Just be you and embrace the things you like (or don't like).

It might be kinda awkward for the first hour or two, but believe me, you get settled pretty quickly when you start connecting the person in front of you to the person you've been talking to for the past however long. I've done this twice now (two LDRs) and it's been that way both times.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
          X