We broke up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We broke up

Hi everyone, I'm Juan. Her name is Micaela. On Monday we broke up. A little background story... She's 18 I'm 23. We live in opposite sides of Argentina. I've just finished college and she'll start next year. I live in Buenos Aires and she lives in Neuquén (and will go to college there, she has already decided that).
    We met a couple of days before 2016 ended, and we dated all through January. In February she went back to her home in Neuquén where her mother lives (her father lives here in Buenos Aires and she comes to visit him on holidays)
    We tried to make it work living apart, but due to our financial situation we can't see each other very often. In fact I haven't seen her since she left in February.
    We broke up because neither of us is willing to abandon our life plans to include the other person. It hurts as hell because we still love each other.
    (side fact I lost my virginity to her in January. She had already done it before) Idk if it's relevant, but I'm trying to explain the full picture here.
    The thing is I couldn't work and continue my career where she lives (I studied Audiovisión it's.. Kinda like sound engineering) because there's no development in that area over there. It's already hard for me to find work here.

Did we take the right decision? I still have feelings for her. And I think she does for me. We still talk everyday and decided to continue as friends.

I will appreciate every single opinion on the matter. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Hie,

I am sorry you broke up.

It sounds that you decided very quickly that things were too difficult. I would like to point out that there are people living in different countries, and make it work. My boyfriend and I have now for almost 4 years. We of course think about the future, but we look for options, not reasons to let go. You are young and dont know what might happen for you. If you both love each other, there is no reason why girlfriend/boyfriend should not be on the table.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sometimes love is not enough. You can love someone even though the relationship doesnt feel right. If you feel that you can't do the distance then this is not the right relationship for you. If you want to give it a try, you can.

Comment

I agree with Rezie. You can love someone greatly, but that doesn't mean that it's all going to work out. Relationships can end because there are just certain things that can't be compromised. Doing something that you can't wholeheartedly get behind can cause resentment and unhappiness.

Though it's hard now, I think if you both have agreed that neither one is willing to move, than you've made the right decision. I wish you the best.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Hi everyone... Thanks for you opinions. Yesterday we sort of broke up again... If that's possible... We are gonna try and talk less.. Because it's painful to keep doing it... And it makes feelings come up to the surface again... We talked about our possibilities... And we got to the same conclusion... Neither is going to move... She would be ok with being together and seeing each other every time we can save up for a trip and visit... But I think I can't do that. Idk if I'm weak or what but I just don't see myself in that position... Besides I've been considering work and travel... Because i can't stand my city...

Comment

You are not weak. I think it takes a strong person to acknowledge what you want and don't want from your future. Being in contact does make things harder so it's good you are cutting it down.

Comment

Take care of yourself, make that your priority

Comment

Yeah it's getting harder to know what to do... I've been feeling really confused... I often find myself thinking of going back toghether but immediately I realize that I couldn't stand being apart, and uncertainty takes over.

Comment

Working...
                X