Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia to USA - Planning for an October visit for the first time to meet him!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia to USA - Planning for an October visit for the first time to meet him!

Hey guys!

I am having a little bit of confusion as to how much money I would need to visit to America for 2 weeks?
    I live in Australia and I have a stable job and would not have any issues saving money to visit him.

I have calculated that I would roughly need, on average, $1500 for my plane ticket - but how much money would I need for everything else?

To add:

I have will visiting him in Indiana and we will be travelling some of the country. I'm not sure where we are travelling to, but I would need money for fuel, groceries, activities and some for accommodation. I am thinking $1000 to start with ($200 of that in cash).

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by EstoericLuna; April 22, 2017, 04:25 PM.

That really depends... Are you staying at his house or do you need accomodation? Will you just contribute to groceries or are you going out to eat every night? Whenever I visited my ex in the US and stayed at his house I never spent more than like $300 dollars haha, but you can make it as crazy as you want it!

Comment

It's also going to depend on where in the US your SO is. If you're visiting CA, you're going to need more money, than say, if you were visiting VT. It also depends on what activities you are planning on. If you're going to be spending a lot of time at the beach, maybe not so much. If you're visiting amusement parks, etc, you're going to need more.

More details and we'll be able to provide a better answer.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I just got back from visiting my SO for nearly 3 weeks who lives in Washington state and i'm not really sure how expensive it is there compared to other states but yeah. I took $400 with me and just sort of guessed i would be fine and if i wasn't i was going to have my bank cards with me so i could take more money out if needed. But it turns out I was completely fine and actually only just spent over $200 (like literally $205). SO doesn't have a car so some of it went on buses but apart from that SO and I took turns paying for things. Like if we went for lunch and to see a movie, i'd pay for lunch and then she'd pay for the movie. We always paid half each groceries and if we were buying something that was for both of us (like we bought matching shirts and matching otter toys from the zoo)

Talk to your SO and figure out what you're going to be doing for the time you're there and then calculate how much you'll need for the activities. Also ask your SO how much he spends on groceries and add that up too. I always get more money than I think i'll need just in case, and of course have my bank card in case i do need to take out more money.
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Thanks for your posts guys, I really appreciate it
          I will be staying with him from 2 weeks in, Indiana. We plan on travelling around the country (not sure what places we are visiting as of yet). I would need enough for fuel, groceries, activities and we will be staying with some of his family along the way so not as much is needed for accommodation.
          I originally planned on taking $1000 ($200 in cash) and the rest would be kept on a bank card (or multiple cards) so I can access money whenever I needed to.

Comment

My SO lives in Indiana - Indianapolis. I didn't find it terribly expensive. They do have a sales tax for purchases, which I'm not used to since my state doesn't have that. I usually make sure we have a place where I can cook, so I save a lot of money by making our meals and eating out on a limited basis.

For two weeks, that should be plenty of money. You can pretty much use your bank card for everything and will only need cash on a limited basis.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
            X