One year gift ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year gift ideas?

What have you guys done for one year? Me and my girlfriend take a ton of pictures so I'm thinking of making a big photo book with text about the memories.

This is sad, but I can't even remember what we did for our first anniversary. I asked my SO, and he can't remember, either. I did a search in my Google Drive and found that around that time I made a couple pictures of us side by side with the caption Best Friends Forever. But, I really don't exactly know if that was for the anniversary or not. So, my advice is to make something you'll remember--do as I say, not as I did! Lol. Good luck! And congratulations
    sigpic

Comment

Hi there, photo book is also a nice option.

Comment

For our one year anniversary, I was very lucky my SO to be visiting me. I bought her a necklace at Fontainebleau castle and she bought me two belts and a wallet when we were in Paris. I'm now starting to think about what to get her for our second anniversary.. (even though I have time for this)

Comment

Hi there!

(This was for Valentines Day), My baby got me a journal from Shutterfly, with his face and photos of us all along both sides of the cover. [IMG]journal.jpg[/IMG]

(For our 6-month mark) I got my baby roses, *They were delivered by Amazon, which sounds risky but they came in quick timing and were absolutely stunning, (He sent me photos)*
          I also bought him our book, "The Little Prince", and a calendar of "The Little Prince" as well.

To top it off, cause I really wanted to make him feel special, I bought him a new game. Him and I have a pretty odd sense of humor. I didn't want to get him "Cards Against Humanity" b/c a lot of people have that game, and it is gradually becoming irrelevant, so I bought him the "Cynide and Happiness" version of "Cards Against Humanity".

Also, for Christmas, he gave me a hummingbird necklace, bc he calls me his hummingbird. I gave him a pillow case, (you can find these amazon) that said "May the sun kiss you awake till I can/ May the moon kiss you to sleep till I can" I also bought him an ornament, for our first Christmas together, that we can start a tradition. You could try and start a tradition by buying some sort of figurine, such as Jim Shore's timeless figurines. If you and your S.O. have a certain cartoon-couple that you two feel represent your relationship, you could get a figurine of them, or some sort of merchandise of them.

I considered the following options for our 6 month:

1) Getting a vinyl of our favorite band for our record player

2) Reach out to his friends, and have them (I pay them via apple pay) go to the store and buy his favorite drink, favorite candy, roses, and balloons, (drink & food in bulk) and have them deliver these all to him.

Obviously, I do not know the dynamic of your relationship, or what your S.O and you are into, or what is special to you two. But I hope my suggestions spark some neat ideas for you!

(Note: I repeatedly attempted to put in links, but b/c I am a newer member to this forum, it would not allow me.)
          He who gives you inexplicable happiness will always be he who gives reason for your inexplicable sadness.[/I] [/I]

Comment

I made my ex SO a 200 page notebook 'activity book' which had a mix of pictures, puzzles, our inside jokes, reasons i love her, love coupons, a story about our ideal date, games of hangman, my favourite memories we shared, just silly things like that. she had the biggest smile on her face when she read it, it was pretty special.
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Yes!! A photobook is definitely a great idea for an anniversary gift. I have personally used Shutterfly while Zach has used Google Photos. Either one are beautiful quality but I would advise you to use Shutterfly because there is many more designs for photobooks.

Comment

A photo album is definitely the way to go! It's always nice having a reminder of everything you have been through in a long distance relationship, and when your SO is feeling down they will always be able to look at the album as a reminder for what you're both waiting for! Some other things to go along with it could be flowers, cupcakes & chocolates and possible some nice clothes that they would love!

Comment

kittyxuchiha11 That is a great idea! May I ask how you went about making this?
                  Last edited by snug; November 5, 2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruben3 View Post
                    What have you guys done for one year? Me and my girlfriend take a ton of pictures so I'm thinking of making a big photo book with text about the memories.
                    Great idea, post a photo pls

Comment

Originally posted by snug View Post
                      kittyxuchiha11 That is a great idea! May I ask how you went about making this?
                      I quite simply went out and bought a 200 page line notebook and then as i said in the original post just filled it with things, it can be a struggle to fill all the pages but its great fun to try think of everything. I used a lot of the websites on the 100+ things to do on the main LFAD website
                      my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                      Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                      Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                      Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                      Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                      Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                      Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                      Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                      All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                      X