Have you ever cheated on your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever cheated on your SO?

One drunken night, i slept with my coworker. I regretted it so much but I couldnt tell my boyfriend about it. Long distance is taking a toll on us, especially on times when you just need a cuddle.
    Have you ever cheated on him/her? If yes, what did you do about it?

It has got some good perspectives too.
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....18083-Cheating

Comment

No way.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
      Married April 18th, 2015!!
      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

No, never. When I choose to be in a relationship with someone, whether CD or LDR, they have my commitment and faithfulness to them and our relationship. There is no valid excuse for cheating - it's doesn't just happen. A choice is made to do something that can cause irreparable damage at a relationship due to selfish reasons.

You need to tell your SO and give him the opportunity to decide what to do. You didn't give him a choice in the matter when you cheated, so now you need to tell him of your unfaithfullness and let him decide what will happen. At this point, it's the only choice you can give him.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

No I haven't. Long distance isn't for everyone, maybe you need to have a good think about whether you want to be in this LDR even with the difficulties and lack of physical contact that brings.

Comment

I couldn't do it. Never did. Even in a long distance relationship, he is the only one I want to have sex with. I don't crave for physical affection or sex when he is not here.

Comment

No, I have not.

We have a sex life, it is just over the distance, and on visits. While it is frustrating to have a long time between visits, it is what it is. That is not to say that I never flirt, but I have boundries and I trust SO to have his.

I get the physical loneliness, though. It is not just sex, and not just hugs, but the feeling that someone is THERE and close. I have been thinking for real to get one of those duvets that weigh you down. Supposedly they are very good for anxiety. Or anything heavy, really. I find too that I sleep better with a heated blanket, it feels sort of like being soothed to sleep. Oh, and they say everyone who lives/sleeps alone need regular massages.

If you dont want to tell your SO, at least take some measure to prevent it from happening again, maybe dont drink as much?
              Last edited by differentcountries; April 28, 2017, 09:45 PM.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

When I was extremely unhappy in a past LDR, yes I did cheat. But not on my current SO. I learned the hard way that it doesn't bring you anything beyond even more unhappiness.

Comment

Absolutely not. Drinking/being drunk is not an excuse for cheating. There are, in my opinion, no excuses for cheating (at least, no good excuses). Some of us get more flirtatious when we drink, and that is one thing. Sleeping with someone is something totally different.

I love my SO dearly. However if the long distance was too much for me, if my needs were not being fulfilled, or if I did feel like I was going to cheating I would end the relationship. I would prefer my SO end the relationship with me even abruptly than to cheat on me.

I could not cheat, keep it from my SO and live with myself.

Comment

Sex doesn't just happen. Cheating is a choice.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I didn't cheat and I am not going to, either. I am committed to my lady, and she is to me. Even though I haven't have sex in over 4 years, what's the point in cheating? I wait until we're together, then we have fun. I can't hurt her, I won't. I love her too much.
                      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                        Sex doesn't just happen. Cheating is a choice.
                        Sex isn't the only kind of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
                          Sex isn't the only kind of cheating.
                          Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                          Married: 1/24/2015
                          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                            Thanks, Captain Obvious.
                            Np.
                            I was trying to say that there is the kind of cheating that CAN happen without one making a choice, not consciously at least.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. View Post
                              Np.
                              I was trying to say that there is the kind of cheating that CAN happen without one making a choice, not consciously at least.
                              That makes me curious to what you do concider as cheating?
                              Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X