Greetings from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the US

Hello! I have already semi-introduced myself and my situation in another thread.

I've been talking to a guy from the UK, although originally from France, for about 4 weeks. I know for some 4 weeks seems relatively short, meanwhile others say by 4 weeks, they already had it all figured out.

He has a bit of social anxiety which makes things a little tough in some ways, not in others. You can't ascribe the normal male response to him, because he just doesn't think/speak like most guys. It makes it hard for me to gauge where his feelings for me are. He doesn't give out compliments freely like many do, which could be a good thing. I think there be some interest there, or at least the beginning of interest.

Some things that have made me feel so happy: when he told me relatively early on his friends knew about me; the time he shared with me the day his mother passed away (not that it happened obviously, but that he felt comfortable with me enough to share it); when he said he would play the guitar for me someday; our phone calls; during one particular phone call, he asked me about my state, and I told him a bit, and I concluded with. "The most important things, all you need to know about my state is X,Y, and Z." and he added "And you." I could have collapsed right there; when he tries teaching me French; when he sent me a video clip of him waving; when we shared childhood pictures with each other, and he was the cutest little boy I've ever seen; when I asked him to describe what he is looking for a girl, and he only mentioned things that described me exactly; when he recalls details from previous conversations we had; when he suggested I visit Europe (notice, he didn't say visit HIM, although...maybe it's implied?) Something great and new happens nearly everyday, so I could go on for miles and miles and miles.

Things that have sucked: the time difference, sometimes. I wish we could talk more, but it's a bit difficult during the week; last Saturday morning when he asked if my friends knew about him, and I had to tell him truthfully, no, especially since his friends have known about me for a while now; the handful of arguments we have had, because texting is just so hard to convey tone and intention; the fear I have that once he sees me on webcam, I will lose so much happiness.

Overall: it makes me happy that he thinks so much of me, as a friend or otherwise, that he invests so much time in getting to know me. Some days we have talked for 7 hours straight. Others, for 15 hours off and on throughout the day. He hasn't come out and said, "I have feelings for you" or "I care about you"or "I want to get to know you more" and with his personality, I'm not sure he ever would. So, I have to look at other things: actions, the fact that he still talks to me, evaluating his words for meaning. In the beginning, we alternated days of initiating conversation, but when it was "his turn," he always, always came through. (Not that I was sitting there, waiting, I wasn't) We have graduated to a more flowing, ongoing conversation, and either one of us will message each other whenever.

Just wanted to introduce myself and my LD-whatever it is!
Working...
X