How to fix myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix myself?

Hey guys! Long time lurker, but first time poster! It will be a wall of text, so I am sorry in advance.

We're both 20 years old, we're talking for almost 6 months now, met on a website, where you can look for any kind of buddies. We met mainly for gaming purposes, but as time went on we quickly became comfortable with each other. He is a very kind person, with a passion that he pursues, and that made me very attracted to him. We could both work on our passions while talking to each other, despite them being completely different from each other. Few months in, he shared his picture, he's not really into whole social media thing, so it was the first time he had sent a picture like that to anyone, it made me feel special. Shortly after, we decided to meet in a different country for a convention, it was a 4 days long trip. It went fine, the organisation was a bit sloppy, but we pulled through, and most importantly, I liked him, although I did find it tiring spending 24/7 with one person. After that, we decided to become a couple.

Soon after, I had my exams in university coming up, I had to work on multiple projects and so on. I made sure to warn him, that we probably won't be able to spend so much time on voice chat anymore. He didn't take that change very well, resulted into multiple fights, he said he doesn't know what to do with this free time. (During my exams he had few weeks off uni). I understand his frustration, but it was really hard to talk to him on voice and work on my things at the same time. Besides, I am a bit introverted, so I needed some time to "discharge".

Admittedly, after my exams, things didn't go back to 'normal', sure, we spent more time together, and it's great, but everytime there's a mention of doing anything naughty, I feel very awkward about it. I want to note, before first meet up, we were quite active in that aspect. During the meetup, things didn't go that far, mostly because he felt very shy about it, and we didn't really have time. As for touchy aspect like cuddling etc. We did it to an extend, but he clearly wanted to do it more than me, like in public, which I was very against. Just didn't feel comfortable enough.

Fast forward to few weeks later, we scheduled another meetup, he was visiting me for a whole week at my place. It didn't go that well. I warned him, I had to attend my classes in uni regardless, and work on some projects at home a little. Which he understood, and he even said he would have to do some homework for uni at my place, as well. Sounded perfect.

Unfortunately, on day one, he's got a pretty bad flu, I decided to take care of him, providing him with whatever he needed. Once he felt a bit better, we started doing things together. However, I could tell by his body language, that he wasn't being too comfortable with being 'there'. Maybe i'm being nitpicky. We also didn't engage in any touchy activities, because he was still awfully sick, and I guess I just didn't feel it? I don't know. I feel pretty bad about this.

On the last day of his visit, he told me that, he didn't come here for 'this', I asked him to elaborate, to which he said, that we just don't do enough of things together. Now, I felt pretty hurt over that statement, because I made sure we did as much together, and the day before, I took him to a local model shop, something we wanted to try together for a while now. I spent maybe almost an hour talking to the shop owner, about models, what to begin with, what to buy and tips, while he stood in the corner, didn't even look at anything the guy presented to us, and overall felt uninterested. I kept asking him, if everything's alright. Maybe he was still being sick, I don't know.

Anyhow, I feel pretty bad over what he said, he apologized, but it got me thinking. Am I doing that bad at this relationship? I can't pin point why I am so less into the whole touching aspect, maybe that's the main issue. I like spending time with him, but I am afraid that maybe I've got bored of him? Maybe that's why I can't be romantic with him? I don't even want to think about this. I just don't know what to do.. I would greatly appreciate any help on how to fix myself.

Hi,

trying to manage life's demands with having a romantic relationship is one of the big challenges, weather we live near or far

Being sick on a visit is always unfortunate. In your case, you did not have time to get used to each other and also getting intimate.

He is probably one of those people who get angry/sulky when they are frustrated. Maybe he missed you a lot? I remember on one of our first visits, SO was upset I took a shower without him because he stilled missed me so much... Later on visits that were long in between, he also wanted to be with me 24/7. But he is not normally like that.

Maybe on your next visit, if you can scedule having more time off (even if you cant fully take time off uni) and he can perhaps take a flu shot or otherwise take care of his health. Perhaps you can organize the trip a bit forehand so you have an idea of which things you will do outside the house (and in). Like going out for a nice dinner, perhaps, or a movie? Something a bit romantic that is not hard to plan.

As for staying connected, we too transitioned from having a lot of voice chat to less. We both get too tired to do voice sometimes, but I used to miss it more than him. So we made a deal to text more, and for him to initiate voice chats, since his job is more demanding. I know he tried to push himself to voice chat (he is also introvert), but it resulted in less connection, not more. I still had to voice my concerns, though. It has been hard, but now I am used to him having less time for me in high season (which would be like your exam period).

When you have more time and energy together, you will find out how to talk and touch, if the lack of calmness was the matter.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
    X