Soooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo

I'm engaged!! Today would have been a milestone bday for my late father. My SO asked permission from him before he passed away from cancer. We had a nice day watching the sunrise on the beach and taking a drive in my Dad's vintage car. We got home and he popped the question. He'll be here for good by the end of the month as our closed distance re opened when I returned to care for my dad. Feels like we are getting our chance to start our lives now after all the hardship we've endured.
    Last edited by Redheart14; May 1, 2017, 03:52 PM.

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations! I'm so pleased to hear all of this. I hope things go smoothly for you as you close the distance.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I'm so excited for you Redheart, congratulations!!!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

Omg congrats :3 Wish you the best life with your SO.

Comment

Here's the ring I have. The jewler didn't have the exact on on their website so I found a pic on another site which shows what it's like. We looked together a year ago and I mentioned that I like this over the typical engagement ring stuff. Mine cost nowhere near what is listed in here.
              https://www.bluenile.com/au/aquamari...k_id=909431451

So yeah, it was nice. My dad pre wrote a father of the bride speech after my SO asked for his permission so I feel like a part of my Dad will be with us on the day.
              Last edited by Redheart14; May 1, 2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Grats Redheart!

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                  Here's the ring I have. The jewler didn't have the exact on on their website so I found a pic on another site which shows what it's like. We looked together a year ago and I mentioned that I like this over the typical engagement ring stuff. Mine cost nowhere near what is listed in here.
                  https://www.bluenile.com/au/aquamari...k_id=909431451

So yeah, it was nice. My dad pre wrote a father of the bride speech after my SO asked for his permission so I feel like a part of my Dad will be with us on the day.
                  That's gorgeous, I love it. I'm so glad your dad will still be part of your day, that'll be very special.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
                    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Congratulations!!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

I'm so excited for you!

Comment

Congratulations, that's such exciting news! And it's so special that your dad already wrote a speech, I can imagine that will mean a lot!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yeah it'll be so great to have that speech from my dad. It also gives a new meaning to celebrate his birthday as it was the day we got engaged. My dad told my SO his was worried that I'd focus on him not being here rather than the positives I have in my life and the memories for my dad. So it's extra sweet my SO chose his b'day to propose. I picked up my keys for my house today too, so 2 massive milestones in 24 hours. Feeling very excited about the future for the first time in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X