No announcement yet.

Soooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered the cake today ....mars bar mud cake. Other than gifts for guests it's all sorted. Anyone have ideas on little gifts for the guests?

Comment

We did little personalized mugs, filled them with those fancy mints you can get for special occasions, and then put them in little bags. The mints took forever since I had to put the little stickers on them myself, but the mugs and the little bags really dressed it all up. Plus, the mugs are useful!

Comment

What's on the mugs?

Comment

They're customizable, so this is just what I happened to pick. I'd hand wash the mugs, though. Not sure how well the decals would hold up in a dishwasher. I'll see if I can find the site I used, and if they're US-only or not.

And then these are what the mints looked like. We got red, white, and blue wrappers. The mints themselves are white.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Found the guests gifts just need to order them. Will wait until it gets closer for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                Found the guests gifts just need to order them. Will wait until it gets closer for that.
                Nice. Hope you'll have a great time preparing.
                Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

It's actually not as fun as I thought, I kinda wished we'd eloped. Too many people having an opinion or complaining already. Hard not to let it get to you when the people you want to be there are being so fussy.

Comment

It's actually not as fun as I thought, I kinda wished we'd eloped. Too many people having an opinion or complaining already. Hard not to let it get to you when the people you want to be there are being so fussy.
                    May be they forget it is your day and not theirs? You should do it as you and your future husband want. Simple as that.
                    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

You're never going to make everyone happy, so try to just tune them out or put your foot down. It's YOUR day, so your opinion (and your s/o's) is the only one that matters. Opinions are nice to have, but that doesn't mean you need to give it any real consideration. Do what you want to do, and everyone else can just suck it up. It's not about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                        You're never going to make everyone happy, so try to just tune them out or put your foot down. It's YOUR day, so your opinion (and your s/o's) is the only one that matters. Opinions are nice to have, but that doesn't mean you need to give it any real consideration. Do what you want to do, and everyone else can just suck it up. It's not about them.
                        Were you and your hubby still LD when you planned the wedding?

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
                          May be they forget it is your day and not theirs? You should do it as you and your future husband want. Simple as that.
                          thank you!!

Comment

wow, that is so lovely! congratulations to you both!
                            I'm so sorry to hear about your Father though.
                            Met Online: 1998
                            Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
                            SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Originally posted by rache82 View Post
                              wow, that is so lovely! congratulations to you both!
                              I'm so sorry to hear about your Father though.
                              Thanks!! It'll be tough without him there but I'm thankful I have the speech he wrote and that he got to know my fiancé. Luckier than others I guess.

Comment

Were you and your hubby still LD when you planned the wedding?
                                Yeah. I ended up doing most of the planning since I was local to where the venue and stuff was, but I definitely kept him involved. He was especially great help when his dad would try to strong arm me into doing things that he wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X