Soooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
    It could work and it would save you a lot of money. We had zero money to do our wedding and didn't have parents helping us either so we couldn't afford even the cheapest of photographers at the time. I'd sit down and have a proper chat with them, treat them like a professional and ask to see some of their work and if you like it and can trust them to do a good job then go for it.
    That's a good idea! It's hard to try keep a lost cost wedding low cost. We'd have 25 guests max but reception and venue blow it way out.

Comment

Another thing about the wedding I'm thinking of having it on 2 year anniversary of my fathers passing. My dad made it very clear he didn't want us to mope on the day or be a sad occasion. I thought bringing my family all together on that day for a positive experience would be nice way of honouring my Dad. Hopefully my family will think that too.

Comment

Sorry for this late reply, but congratulations!! I wish you two the best!

Comment

Thank you so much
          We move into the house we're renovating next week then planning will begin on the wedding.

Comment

Congratulations, how exciting! x

Comment

We decided on the wedding venue yesterday so exciting

Comment

Date, venue and reception all sorted. Meeting with the celebrant tomorrow. Save the date cards posted but still nothing on this dress.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                  Date, venue and reception all sorted. Meeting with the celebrant tomorrow. Save the date cards posted but still nothing on this dress.
                  Awesome! Share the dress when you decide on that as well :3

Comment

Help/ suggestions.
                    I like this but I'm worried that it might gape around the back in parts. Any thoughts, suggestions or experiences?

https://m.asos.com/au/tfnc-petite/tf...3&gridcolumn=2

Comment

This one would combat the gaping. And it's short bride designed just unsure how I'd look in the satin style material

Comment

I like the first one more, but the gaping could be a real problem. I have no experience, so could it be somehow edited if it happens after you have bought it? I know the lace parts itself can't be edited but below it or something, if it's too wide.

Comment

I also like the first one more. You might be able to combat gaping with body tape. I had a prom dress that was backless, and body tape got me through the night without having to worry about exposing myself to everyone. The tape is clear and double-sided, so someone would have to go looking for it to really see it.
                          Last edited by Harlequin; July 6, 2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks ladies
                            Seeing I'll be getting married in winter here the sleeved dress is prob a better option. If the second dress had the sleeves of the first I'd be set.

Next question sizing. My wedding in a year from today. I'm currently on a diet. Do I get my current size? Or do I get the next size down that I want to be seeing I have a year to get there? I think altering this could be a nightmare.

Comment

Our wedding was small....25 people total, but it was a destination wedding. We were married on the beach in the morning, did an afternoon luncheon at an historic B&B for our guests (if I recall the bill was about $800 including drinks), went to the bar for about three hours for more drinks, then headed to our reception on a riverboat. The reception was super inexpensive, about $2500. For us that included a private room on the top deck, with anDJ, wait staff, and an amazing buffet. We paid extra for drinks and Brought the cake. It was cheap and fantastic. We ended our night at a Hyatt hotel bar....closed it down around 2 am. It was exhausting.
                              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                                Help/ suggestions.
                                I like this but I'm worried that it might gape around the back in parts. Any thoughts, suggestions or experiences?
                                Love it.
                                sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X