X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!

Comment

Thank you everyone
      We're currently renovating the house I bought so it's been very busy. We haven't set a date yet but will more than likely be next year.

Comment

I am so happy for you. That's wonderful news. And I know when you hear your dads speech there will be many tears.....but I hope they are tears of joy. He will be there with you that day.

Here's a quick story. My husband and I got married last summer and we had our wedding reception a riverboat. At one point most of our quests were outside looking over the side of the boat. My husband and I went out and there were two dolphins racing alongside the boat. We like to think it was our sisters, Shannon and Angela, letting us know they were with us, since they are the reason we met to begin with!
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Such a great story. My SO and I love sunrises and sunsets. Whenever we plan to go they are always a disappointment with cloud coverage or bad weather. We planned to drive my Dads car down to the beach were we scattered his ashes. Seeing we planned to do this I thought for sure the sunrise wouldn't be great. It was the most perfect one we've seen yet, so that was nice.

Comment

im so happy for you congrats!!!!
            CLOSED THE DISTANCE FINALLY ON MAY 6, 2017

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks everyone
                I honestly couldn't wait to share this with you. I feel like I know most of you on here more than my friends here. We all go through so much together and support each other through so much I was very excited to tell you all.

Comment

I'm needing advice on ideas of small weddings, if anyone here can assist with ideas I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                    I'm needing advice on ideas of small weddings, if anyone here can assist with ideas I'd appreciate it.
                    How small is "small" to you? My best friend had a "small" wedding and it was still ~50 people. She rented out Tarrywile mansion, had a local family friend who owns a diner do the catering (buffet style, no four-course meals here) as well as officiate the wedding (the family friend is also a registered Justice of the Peace), hired a florist to do some light decorations, and had me do the place cards and table numbers (I made them all by hand for like $20 using some markers, twine, and a paper corner puncher-- pic here-- the bunnies were where I wrote the table numbers on most of the other cards, but my best friend loves bunnies and when I asked her what she wanted the bridal party table to have on it, she was really stressed out and just said "I don't know, bunnies." So I put bunnies. She loved it so much that she got the bunnies I drew on her card tattooed on her wrist a few days later.). I don't remember what she did for plates and table cloths and such-- I know that she had someone go out and buy a bunch of tea cups and saucers for centerpieces and decoration. Her party favors were just little boxes of chocolates. It ended up being really beautiful and much less expensive than a more traditional wedding/wedding reception. (pic here)
                    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

My ex and I had a very small wedding. Only very close friends and family and we had the after party as a big BBQ in his parent's garden. I also bought my dress from a regular store, it was ivory coloured but not a specific wedding dress, I made things like invites and decorations myself so the whole thing didn't cost much money at all.

Comment

25 people max- that type of small. I just bought a house but don't really want to have it here as were here all the time renovating it so something relatively cheap and easy. I'll have to make invites myself.

Comment

The one thing I'll do differently this time is get a proper photographer. Although in hindsight it doesn't matter as we're not together anymore I did regret not having proper photos.

Comment

We have a family friend who does photography who offered to do it for us for free. They're only just starting out but not sure if I should do it or pay a professional

Comment

We have a family friend who does photography who offered to do it for us for free. They're only just starting out but not sure if I should do it or pay a professional
                              I'd go with a professional. They can be expensive, but they're worth it. That's the one thing you should feel guilt-free about spending money on, because those photos are going to be what you have to remember the ceremony by. Shop around; see what you can find. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being picky about photographers.

Comment

It could work and it would save you a lot of money. We had zero money to do our wedding and didn't have parents helping us either so we couldn't afford even the cheapest of photographers at the time. I'd sit down and have a proper chat with them, treat them like a professional and ask to see some of their work and if you like it and can trust them to do a good job then go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X