Any US-Brazil relationships here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any US-Brazil relationships here?

Hi! I was wondering if there was anyone else here that is in a US-Brazil ldr?
    I am planning to Brazil go to Brazil to visit him but I am absolutely confused by the whole visa process, and I am also worried about safety.
    I have met a couple Brazilian friends online and they have all warned me to be careful while there. Which I have to admit wasn't very comforting lol.
    For those of you who didn't live close to a Brazilian Consulate and had to use a third party site, how did you do it and what did you use?
    Or is there a way we don't have to use a third party site?
    I was wondering if anyone can help walk me through the process? I am quite confused.

Oh and refundable tickets, how would I be able to purchase refundable tickets? I was looking through sites and the cheap tickets are ofc non refundable while the ones purchased directly from the airlines itself is refundable but more expensive. The problem with trying to purchase tickets directly from the airlines is not only the fact that it's pricier but it somehow won't let me find flights as I would have to take connected flights and not direct. How do I get by this problem? Do any of you have ways to get refundable tickets but cheap?

I was going to get a refundable ticket incase my visa was denied or plans change.

Thank you so much!

Hi and welcome!

I'm not from the US so I know absolutely nothing about the visa process, but my boyfriend is Brazilian and maybe I can help you on the safety issue
    Don't be too worried about Brazil being dangerous. Generally speaking, if you keep your eyes open and avoid (the most) dangerous areas of the city you should not encounter any problem. It's always good to take off anything precious you might usually wear (rings, watches, necklaces and the likes) and only use your cellphone when you really need it. But of course it also depends on the city you are going, some are safer than others. Where will you be staying?

If you'll always be staying in your boyfriend's city, my best advice would be to only go out with him the first times. He probably knows very well what is dangerous and what is not and he can help you feel safer in case you're worried.

Comment

Hello there!! Im from Brazil and my SO is from US he came during the olympics so no Visa was needed at the time.

Like Isfahan said, just be careful of what you ar wearing and where you guys are walking around. But im pretty sure that he isnt to put you at any trouble and knows where to take you without having to face any danger.

Dunno about any cheap refundable tickets, those are always the most expensive ones

Comment

Hi ap! My SO is in Brazil and I have made three trips down there. As long as you apply for the visa properly, it should be approved.

I used a company called TravelVisa Pro to carry my passport and paperwork to the Brazilian consulate which is four hours away from me. It went very smoothly. However when my daughter went with me the next time, the consulate was dragging their feet and said they wouldn't have her visa ready until the day we left for Brazil!!! TravelVisa Pro checked on it the day before, found it was ready and overnighted it to her! We were already prepared to fly to Chicago to pick up her visa that day if we had to. I'm glad we didn't, andnwill always recommend TravelVisa Pro for their service.

As far as I know, there are no cheap refundable tickets. The visa should be easy. If you change your plans you can use the ticket for another flight...for a price. But still probably cheaper than a refundable ticket. Airlines have you over a barrel and they know it!

Brazil can be a dangerous place. Especially in the big cities, but even in the smaller ones. I don't go anywhere by myself after dark. Always be aware of your surroundings, don't flash jewelry, cash or your cell phone around and don't generally look like a target and you should be ok during the day. Your SO should take good care of you and help you know what is appropriate while you're there.

I'm happy to help or answer any other questions you may have. Just message me!
        My ticker will go here one of these days...

Comment

Working...
        X