Letting it get to me today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting it get to me today

I feel overall I handle the distance pretty well because I am so used to it, but for some reason today its just really getting to me. Does this happen to everyone else? I can't even distract myself from it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    California- Alabama
    Relationship began: April 4, 2017
    First visit: Alabama: April 4-8, 2017
    Second visit: Alabama: August 22-30, 2017
    Third visit: Alabama: December 9-19, 2017
    Fourth visit: California: May 25- June 4, 2018
    Fifth visit: Alabama: September 15- 26, 2018
    Sixth visit: Alabama: December 18, 2018-January 3, 2019
    Seventh visit: Alabama: April 2-10, 2019

It happens to the best of us honestly. I feel I handle the distance really well most the time but sometimes I have odd days where it really just gets on top of me. But its okay to have sad days, sad days are bound to happen sometimes so yup it's totally normal, try not worry
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I hear you on this. Last couple of days I traveled for work, and I found myself melancholy. She even sensed it in my voice, and asked.

We have a date when I will meet her and drive with her back here for the summer. It's just that this stretch from Spring Break to Summer break is going to be one on of our longest yet. I'm 35 days away from seeing her again. Then I have her here and on a trip to Wyoming with me for 72 days.

I guess I'm insecure about her happiness being away from her oldest daughter for a couple months

I'm already dreading her going back in the Fall. But part of me even fears that she would decide to stay, and that it could be premature for her kids.

I'm worried she won't get her ducks in a row in time to come down when she promised.

I'm worried that her financial situation won't be improved by coming to visit.

I'm worried she feels rushed to deal with what she has to deal with in order to come down.

I'm worried our dynamic will change when it's not the honeymoon feeling of a limited time visit

I'm worried she won't be happy here with her job and being away from her friends and family.

I'm worried my financial situation won't allow us to enjoy our free time together.

I'm worried she will think I work too much.

So when you are on the road for 5 hours, It's a lot of time to think about stuff ....

Yeah I get it. Hang tough.

Comment

I'm like this too, 99% of the time I get on with life and the distance is just an inconvenience. Every so often I'll have an off day though and it just hits me hard.

Comment

I totally understand...I will go along all positive and strong and happy, then the same ol triggers come along and I'm struggling. I have found keeping busy helps, but sometimes I feel that means I'm present in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by onlyemily View Post
            I feel overall I handle the distance pretty well because I am so used to it, but for some reason today its just really getting to me. Does this happen to everyone else? I can't even distract myself from it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
            You are definitely not alone.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Rocky View Post
              I hear you on this. Last couple of days I traveled for work, and I found myself melancholy. She even sensed it in my voice, and asked.

We have a date when I will meet her and drive with her back here for the summer. It's just that this stretch from Spring Break to Summer break is going to be one on of our longest yet. I'm 35 days away from seeing her again. Then I have her here and on a trip to Wyoming with me for 72 days.

I guess I'm insecure about her happiness being away from her oldest daughter for a couple months

I'm already dreading her going back in the Fall. But part of me even fears that she would decide to stay, and that it could be premature for her kids.

I'm worried she won't get her ducks in a row in time to come down when she promised.

I'm worried that her financial situation won't be improved by coming to visit.

I'm worried she feels rushed to deal with what she has to deal with in order to come down.

I'm worried our dynamic will change when it's not the honeymoon feeling of a limited time visit

I'm worried she won't be happy here with her job and being away from her friends and family.

I'm worried my financial situation won't allow us to enjoy our free time together.

I'm worried she will think I work too much.

So when you are on the road for 5 hours, It's a lot of time to think about stuff ....

Yeah I get it. Hang tough.
              I'm glad I am not the only one who overthinks even the small things. I just worry about everything
              California- Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Saralovesjason View Post
                I totally understand...I will go along all positive and strong and happy, then the same ol triggers come along and I'm struggling. I have found keeping busy helps, but sometimes I feel that means I'm present in my life.
                Pretty much full of envy and anger and sadness anytime I see some adorable couple that I can't be lol. Petty, but oh well
                California- Alabama

Comment

Omg that is such a trigger for me. So relieved I'm not the only one. I will see social media, or talk to a friend, and it's the weekend, and they have yet another weekend with their SO. I absolutely acknowledge to myself and my bf that I'm jealous. It just isn't fair sometimes, and that's that. My bf says, I'm sorry, I want that too, one day we will have it, I promise. Then I think about what we have, and how I'd rather be missing him than in an ordinary relationship right here. The intimacy we have is extraordinary. Then I think about how he's never broke a promise to me. Then, I feel more lucky than jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Saralovesjason View Post
                    Omg that is such a trigger for me. So relieved I'm not the only one. I will see social media, or talk to a friend, and it's the weekend, and they have yet another weekend with their SO. I absolutely acknowledge to myself and my bf that I'm jealous. It just isn't fair sometimes, and that's that. My bf says, I'm sorry, I want that too, one day we will have it, I promise. Then I think about what we have, and how I'd rather be missing him than in an ordinary relationship right here. The intimacy we have is extraordinary. Then I think about how he's never broke a promise to me. Then, I feel more lucky than jealous.
                    Oh my gosh I feel the same way. So happy I'm not the only one lol I always feel kind of bad after I get jealous because I really don't have anything to be jealous of. My boyfriend gives me more than I could ever want or ask for.
                    California- Alabama

Comment

Every time I feel it's getting too much, I just ask my lady for a virtual hug and we talk sweet for a while. It does not close the distance, but it makes me feel better.
                      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Must have been something in the air this week. I've been the same
                        Every time my friend tells me she's going to watch a movie / have a drink / meal with her SO my heart sinks a little. Because I wish it was that easy
                        I don't have them often but I had a wobble this week too

Comment

I can definitely relate. Off days/good days aside, seeing CD couples on social media and around me when I'm out in town etc... sure, I get jealous. Great that they're happy, I just wish that happiness would be me and my SO.

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou View Post
                            Must have been something in the air this week. I've been the same
                            Every time my friend tells me she's going to watch a movie / have a drink / meal with her SO my heart sinks a little. Because I wish it was that easy
                            I don't have them often but I had a wobble this week too
                            Oh man, that's been getting to me as well. I'm just down and out for the week it seems like.

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                            I can definitely relate. Off days/good days aside, seeing CD couples on social media and around me when I'm out in town etc... sure, I get jealous. Great that they're happy, I just wish that happiness would be me and my SO.
                            I feel the same way😔
                            California- Alabama

Comment

On a side note, I think friends make a difference. I do have support but at the same time a lot of my friends "don't understand" or "could never" be in a LDR. It makes all the difference having a bad day when someone just listens vs saying well you kinda signed up for it. That gets under my skin
                              California- Alabama

Comment

Working...
                              X