OH/TX First meeting :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH/TX First meeting :)

I know that before our first meeting, I trolled the internet just praying for some success stories to calm my nerves, so I'm sharing mine to hopefully help someone else feel better about theirs.

We decided to meet months ago, but the actual planning came suddenly and I was terrified. I was supposed to fly to Austin on May 4th and stay til the 7th. The first hiccup was a cancelled flight, which was then rescheduled for the following morning. After numerous travel fails, I finally got to Austin (after peeing on myself during some rough turbulence in the airplane bathroom... OMG) in one piece. I got to pickup outside, and suddenly he was there.

After four months of being forced to get to know each other via phone calls, text, video games, and Skype video chat, it was both surreal and perfectly familiar at the same time. He walked right up to me with his arms open and I started hysterically laughing as he pulled me to him and kissed me like it was the last thing we'd ever do. The drive back to where he lived was alien and completely normal at the same time. He held my hand, rubbed my wrist with his thumb, kissed the top of my hand, the whole time like he'd never get enough of just touching me. When my nerves calmed a little, I found myself stroking his forearm and staring at his hand, just trying to reconcile fantasy and reality as (now) the exact same thing. He was everything I hoped he would be and more, and everything I never expected to be lucky enough to find. We both wear red anklets now as an ode to the ancient Asian belief that the gods tie a red string around the ankles of the two people who are destined to find one another, regardless of time, distance or circumstance. The Red Thread of Fate may tangle and stretch, but it will never break.

It wasn't what I'd call a smooth weekend; there were some issues he had to deal with and our plans were heavily disrupted. But you know, it didn't even matter. Every moment we did spend together was worth every hassle, and he couldn't possibly be more perfect to me. During those few days, the love he showed me was like nothing I've ever experienced in my life, and for the first time I don't just hope I'm loved... I know it. I'm terrified every day that I'll wake up and it'll all have been a cruel dream; but it just means I have something worth hanging onto.

So beautiful! And that is exactly why I am here. I meet mine in 9 days and I hope I have a similar story to share in about 14 days!

Comment

I'm not sure when you'll see this, but how did it go, love??

Comment

Originally posted by tresdynamiques View Post
        I'm not sure when you'll see this, but how did it go, love??
        I was shaking but it went perfect. I wasn't nervous after we were together and we just picked up like we do in conversations on the phone and in text. Then we just spent a week together last week, he left 2 days ago. We both cried, our kids loved each other, and we're trying to figure out moving in the future but it likely will at least be a year before that can happen. Being without him is hell.

How are you and yours doing? We should be friends, I am in desperate need of support with this lol.

Comment

That's a wonderful story to read about you finally being together after some obstacles. It is a breath of fresh air to know I am not alone in how much trouble I am going through just to meet my SO. We are counting our days until we meet next week but it feels this week is dragging on!

I never thought I would have feelings as strong as I did for my SO. I can't wait to be in his arm either

Comment

Originally posted by jezzeria View Post
            I was shaking but it went perfect. I wasn't nervous after we were together and we just picked up like we do in conversations on the phone and in text. Then we just spent a week together last week, he left 2 days ago. We both cried, our kids loved each other, and we're trying to figure out moving in the future but it likely will at least be a year before that can happen. Being without him is hell.

How are you and yours doing? We should be friends, I am in desperate need of support with this lol.
            I'm so glad you said this... I could really use a friend right now too!! I'm going to send you a PM with my FB information if you wanna add me so we can talk that way... I don't get on here much cause there isn't a whole lot of activity in my experience

Comment

Originally posted by jezzeria View Post

Sigh. Nevermind, the site won't let me send PMs yet. My email address is laura.merkle1130 (gmail)... feel free to email me directly or use it to add me on FB, or both!

Comment

Cal/Or

It was really good to read this. I visited my nerd for the first time in July for 8 crazy days. It was my first time flying on my own too. Its good to know others felt the same way when they went to go visit their SO for the first time. We even had a count down to the day, And even had a little small game of who would say how many days left first. Totally was nervous, cuz here I am going to a different state to meet this amazing guy and staying for a week, what if something goes wrong? what will I do? Of course I know nothing bad was going to happen, he is too sweet to let anything go wrong, but still when you fight depression you think the worse.. All in all, it was an amazing trip and cant wait till the next time, which sadly will have to wait till next summer. Some times I feel like the whole trip was just a dream with how amazing and special it felt. Wish I had found this back in July, would have totally made me feel less crazy for planning a trip to a different state to meet my nerd. Did you ever feel like you were crazy or that people would doubt you and say you shouldnt go? I would still do it in a heart beat, it is totally worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                X