We're meeting for the first time and I'm super stressed ;-;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're meeting for the first time and I'm super stressed ;-;

Hello, my boyfriend of over three years and I will be meeting for the first time in 18 days.. I'm so anxious and nervous about everything.. Not being good enough, him being disappointed, things not going right, his family not liking me, flying alone for the first time, saying goodbye, being with a guy in these romantic situations for the first time since he's my first boyfriend.. And just everything involved with us meeting in person for the first time.. Any advice on how to calm dowm and also for the meeting and how to maybe make things go well..?
    How did you handle all the stress (if you've experienced any..)?
    Any advice is welcome, thank you all so much =)

First off congrats! Take a deep breath, if your bf has been with you for three years already there is no way you could be a disappointment to him. Take things one step at a time, flying alone can be scary I recommend looking at the airport maps before hand to see where you can get food and such before leaving as well as getting a nice music playlist and a book for the flight.
    It can be stressful being in romantic situations for the first time, set the pace and your boundaries beforehand, I was too shy to even hold my bf's hand the first day while walking around. Meeting the family for the first time is tricky, take things slow and just be yourself. Your boyfriend fell in love with you, so you don't have to change a thing about yourself to meet the family and I am sure they will grow to love you as well.
    Good luck! You got this!!
    First Met Online: April 2016
    Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
    First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
    Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

Thank you so much, this is very helpful! =D

Comment

I am meeting mine after a year in a half in 9 days, and I feel the exact same way!! Good luck to you though, keep us updated on how it goes. Don't forget to breathe. He has fallen in love with you for you and there is no reason you would disappoint him.

Comment

Thank you so much! Good luck, have fun

Comment

All your nerves will die off once you both have your arms around each other It is nerve-wracking but once you see their smile, you feel on top of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Shauny View Post
              All your nerves will die off once you both have your arms around each other It is nerve-wracking but once you see their smile, you feel on top of the world.
              I know, and I just keep trying to remind myself we've know each other a year and a half, I've known I loved him for a year, and he knows everything about me. The only thing we dont know is each other physically, and that shouldnt be a problem. I just gotta remember to breathe lol.

Comment

Similar to you, my SO from Germany will be my first boyfriend which can be nerve-wracking. I would Google about how to be a great girlfriend and common mistakes in a relationship.
                However, just like they all say, take your time with him and aim to break the 'ice on the first day of meeting. Even saying to your SO that you are nervous really helps! He will support you and all your stress will go away. Just don't have high expectations for him but do remember to enjoy the moment!

I hope you really enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                X