First time flying alone! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time flying alone! :)

Hello! I'll be meeting my boyfriend of over three years in 16 days and obviously I'm very excited but also nervous :P I live in Israel while he lives in the U.S which means I need to catch three flights to meet him which is crazy to me lol Its my first time flying alone and the multiple flights aren't helping with ny stress.. I thought about looking at maps of the all the different airports but other than that I don't have any other tips or anyone to give me any useful advice.
    Any advice from you guys? What will make this trip easier for me?
    Any advice is welcome

No tips, other than get as educated as you can, which it seems like you are. And just take a breath and let the crowds pass you by. I always feel a lot more stress when I am moving with the herd. But, when I take a breather, use the restroom, grab a bite to eat, and then proceed at my pace, it feels a whole lot easier, but that's just me.

For me the biggest hurdle of flying alone is not having my immediate family there, which I have done twice before. Once, with an Uncle and cousin, which at least it is still family. And once for work, which at least it's still people I knew. But, not being with immediate family still made it hard. But, this fall, I will be flying on my own for the first time ever, so...it's quite a step. Good for you, as you are half my age, so you are quite brave and should be applauded.

The US can seem crazy from afar, and sometimes close up too, but I assure you, most people are helpful, friendly, kind, and willing to help a stranger along. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you all so much! It went pretty well actually: )

Comment

Working...
      X