Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wrote my ex LDR a letter and I want him back (but may not get a response even)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote my ex LDR a letter and I want him back (but may not get a response even)

Hi everyone,

My ex and I broke up not too long ago - Since April 24th and I sent him a letter of how I felt and saying I don't blame either one of us for why we broke up (horrible timing, side note: I don't think he actually wanted to because he was crying on the phone and was reluctant to tell me how he felt etc. and we broke up since he had to sort out family stuff plus responsibilities of the military so I fell through the cracks) The contents of the letter explained me understanding why we broke up, that I am not blaming anyone for what happened, that I forgive the both of us, and that I still care for him. I mentioned how you know with the family stuff, if he ever wanted or needed to use anyone as a resource to talk about his feelings and to vent, that he will always have me. Then without being pushy, I told him how I felt about him and told him that I want to be with him in the end and I know what's best for me and make decisions that I don't regret and that I'm sure of. I sent the letter on May 13th and he should've gotten it within 4-7 days. However, i saw something on facebook that might've hinted that he was leaving technical school and graduating. I panicked and sent it through text and facebook messenger as well. He has his read receipts on and "read" the text message last Saturday. He hasn't responded to either the letter (which he should've received and picked up) or the text message (before he "read it" he didn't open the text for a week). My friend's mom and my best friend think that because of how he is and how he felt about it and how our phone break up call went, that he will get back to me in time. His mom thinks that one of the main factors why we broke up was because of communication and she told me I needed to be patient if I wanted any answers (I agreed) and that he will get back to me when he's had time to "think" about the situation and when it's most convenient for him. I know he's been on other platforms of social media, but she told me not to even bat an eyelish about that.

What do you guys think? Do you think I still have a chance? I showed my two paged letter to a few friends and it was nothing but sincerity. I was originally going to send the letter 2 months down the line but before that facebook post his friend made that hinted he might be leaving soon (he didn't), I decided to take the chance and send it at a time I KNEW he'd get it. It didn't really matter because he's still at his technical school and I look like a crazy person sending it 3x. I love him with all my heart and I am not the type of person to chase a significant other. If I didn't feel so strongly about him, this wouldn't happen - and I was willing to risk finding out. (In the letter I wrote, if he doesn't want to get back to me, he doesn't have to or if he wants nothing to do with me & that I'd be happy knowing he got the letter and read it someday.)

-Thanh Pham

Sounds like a very heartfelt letter...I cannot say what your chances of getting back together are, but I would encourage you not to while away the days waiting for him to contact you. Stay involved in things you love, and if he comes back, you'll be in a better state to handle all the emotions. Wishing you the best!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by autumn1790 View Post
      Sounds like a very heartfelt letter...I cannot say what your chances of getting back together are, but I would encourage you not to while away the days waiting for him to contact you. Stay involved in things you love, and if he comes back, you'll be in a better state to handle all the emotions. Wishing you the best!
      I've decided to be patient if I want any answers from him and that my life still goes on every day. It's easier to talk about him but I really do believe the letter was a good idea, I'm hoping he does think my words were sincere

Comment

Best of luck

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
        X