Breaking up a few months to close distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking up a few months to close distance

hi everyone , i used to lurk the forum sometimes when i need some advice or idea to keep the relationship going .

I had a relationship for almost 4 years , i met her in my country while she was doing her exchange semester and when she came back to her country we agreed to try a ldr . We were always making plans to see each other seeing the first year 2 times , 2nd she started a internship in my city that lasted 6 months and then i went to visit her on december , last year she came back to my country and we traveled for a couple of weeks , and again i went on december to visit her , when we said goodbye she told me that she will going to my country at the end of the semester to visit me .

By that time we were on university , i am (25) and she is 2 years older , when she started her masters degree i was on my last year of bachelor , the plan was always that i will go to her country (itīs my dream to study and work there) applying to a master program or at least an internship .

we were the last time that i spent with her hunting a opportunity for me without luck so the other option was studying the language at least for 1 year there in her city . Honestly this was the easiest path to close distance, staying close and being there hunting something related to my studies .
    i was planning in August or September be there doing something . But the week that we havenīt contacted a mail came to me saying that they are interested to me with a process of a internship in her country for 6 months . there are several stages and iīve already passed 2 of them and next thursday i have a video interview , i was eager to call her and tell but i did not . (if everything goes well i will doing that thing by september ) , i told her that if she couldnīt come to me , i can go there (July-Sept) and spend more time that we used to , but she told me that is better if we wait for the results of a exam that i took to get my title .

But a week ago she sent me a text saying "we need to talk" when you see this you know that is not a good sign, but we videochatted and she told me that "she canīt finde more strength to continue ourrelationship" , i did not took it that important because she usually tend to overthink things when she is with stress by that day break up , next day at night i call her again and ask her if she sure about her call ? , she answers yes!.

I was shocked did not see that coming because on the week we were talking normally , she explain to me that she need time to herself because she is afraid to not finding a job or where she will find it . since then i apply Nc with her till yesterday that i had to because a week before i sended a package for her and customs hold it and need some data (i sent some presents a letter and the most important some socks that her grandma made for her that she lended me to survive the cold of europe ) , so i just contact her to say "hey remember that i told you that was a package on the way? so customs have it , this is the tracking number and just call the company to see whats up". whe ended videocalling a couple of minutes and she looked sad despite she was with a group of good friends of her , when i explained the package thing she started to crying and made me feel bad even she was the one calling for the breaking up .

We talked about and trying to find some solutions for our problems without results (saying that i am actually doing the process of that internship) she was happy for me but she insisted that we are better "single" , that right now being there is too much for her because she feels that i am going to depend on her "funny to think that, because i can manage her language to do things by myself , even last time i went out some times alone looking for new friends and university language tandems,going places alone because it wasnīt my first time on her country" and that she needs time for herself and that she is not looking for someone else blablabla ... (post studies crisis) i can relate .

So i had to accept her decision despite i still care about her, and she told me that she loved me but itīs better this way.

anyone has passed by this ? , i will give her the time she needs doing no contact as much as she need without waiting for her .
    Last edited by Nernst; May 30, 2017, 01:23 PM.
Working...
X