Just back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back!

Just back this afternoon from a long weekend visit. It had been about 10 weeks since our last visit, not the shortest (4 weeks) or the longest (8 mos). We've been enjoying visits around every 8 weeks on average, for about a year now. We have our children to consider, their sports scheduled and we are only available when we don't have our kids. It was a glorious visit. It was the first time I was on his turf. I met his sister! She's so hilarious and we got along well. He asked beforehand, if there was something I wanted to do...i said I wanted to meet someone important to him. He asked his SISTER! He's closer to her than anyone besides me. It was a great dinner and I didn't mind her questions, she cares for him greatly.
    I am really longing for him, it hurts so much. But, as always, we not only have this most recent visit, but also 2 yrs of lovely times and lots of hopes and plans for our future. No idea how or when we could close the distance, but we've each got children that we agree come first. We are so lucky he can afford to fund our visits. Even considering that his job also means he can't move. You just don't work to the pennicle of your career to toss it away. Neither of us want that. But that's not to work out now.
    For now we have our love, many visits behind, ahead, Skype, cards, emails, texts, and calls...every day. What we have is so amazing. I tell him he's worth it, but know I sacrifice NOTHING.
Working...
X