No announcement yet.

Dress ideas 👗

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to second Etsy! You can definitely get a more personalized experience through them to get what you want, how you want it. I have a friend who is MAYBE 5'0", and she went with an A-line dress with some tulle to make the skirt look a little fuller, without turning her into a cupcake. I'll PM you a photo of her. If you want, I can also ask her about her experiences with finding the perfect dress and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
      I want to second Etsy! You can definitely get a more personalized experience through them to get what you want, how you want it. I have a friend who is MAYBE 5'0", and she went with an A-line dress with some tulle to make the skirt look a little fuller, without turning her into a cupcake. I'll PM you a photo of her. If you want, I can also ask her about her experiences with finding the perfect dress and stuff like that.

Yes! A few years ago, I found my dream dress on Etsy. It was some sort of 1940s ethereal fantasy dress, the most beautiful dress I ever saw, and so unique!

Over time, I sort of forgot about it, so I doubt it is still on there anywhere, but if I ever get married, Etsy will be the first place I look.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
        That's the idea of what I'm looking for. Thanks for the pm I'll try etsy. I guess I should probably try some on in a store first then order it online. I'm anxious about ordering online I hear horror stories where dresses look nothing like they are meant to. Hopefully this won't be the case

Comment

Had anyone from the US used a site called DH GATE? I saw a few dresses there but I've never bought from there (being outside the US).

Comment

I use that site, too, but then I am European. It's a nice site but you have to be careful because not all the stuff there is of good quality. They have nice sales, though, sometimes even 70% off. Worth trying, I guess...
            Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

As long as you don't cut it short, you should be fine. Read the descriptions for items carefully and don't buy anything that has no reviews!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Ugh it's getting so frustrating trying to find the right dress.

Comment

Update

Ive posted options in my original thread
                  https://members.lovingfromadistance....83-Soooo/page4
                  Any feedback would be awesome ��

Comment

i know that choosing wedding dress is very crucial, and pick the right size of your dress is the first step you have to do, and of course the COLOR because you can't mix the color randomly among the dress, your shoes, your hand bouquet and your hair jewelry.

Comment

Thanks still not 100% on what to do

Comment

Ended up finding a dress that I didn't hate (I'm not a big dress gal) so I'm getting that fitted properly in 3 months

Comment

Working...
                        X