SOS. I think we're sinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS. I think we're sinking

So, there was this girl I knew for some time, in the last month of uni we started hanging out a lot and eventually we got together for the last 2 weeks before the dreaded holidays. I have never been that up to date with texting or skype, usually using it in general just to arrange meetups or stuff, so now that I have to rely upon them as a means of communication its a whole new world. I don't really have any idea how to use it, how often or what to talk about. Its simply not the same with talking with someone face to face so I just find myself having the same conversation day after day.

Good Morning
    How was your day
    Goodnight

Thing is I a really paranoid person in nature so I'm afraid of overtexting and becoming clingy or whatnot but also afraid of doing it too little. Lately I can see how her answers are becoming simpler and rarer and I think we're starting to drift. I can feel that I need to do something but I dont really now what as, besides this being my first LDR, its also my first real relationship. We will re-meet each other in late september so if i can just keep the boat floating until then I know all will be fine and I'm not sure I can arrange a visit in the holiday as she had plans and tickets all made from before we got together. Basically I have no clue on how to get a interesting/romantic conversation going via text or skype... and I require assistance =o

Communication is so, so important in an LDR, and it's worth it to make an effort to communicate effectively and frequently with your SO. Are you guys not able to communicate throughout the day? If not, it's okay, but sometimes texting them little things like "thinking of you... and that blue dress I love!" or "just saw a bluejay-- those things are mean!!" throughout the day can keep you connected. Silly little things do matter, and it opens up the opportunity for more discussion than just the routine.

Take pictures of interesting things during the day and send them to your SO ("the sky is so gorgeous today!"/"look at this puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!"). Tell your SO how you're feeling ("I'm really worried about my parents :/"/"I'm so excited to come home so we can talk more"). Ask your SO's opinion on things you read or news you hear. Let your SO know what you're up to. Make dedicated time each day to talk one-on-one, if you can.

I know it can feel kind of weird as you get into it, but it will go a long way to keeping the two of you close, and you will get more used to it as you do it more.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
    X