Failed Meeting Arrangement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Meeting Arrangement

My gf lives 3000 km away from me. We agreed to see this July about 3 months ago, we had arranged a holiday trip before. Last Friday she announced that she couldn't go with me because she had some issues with college. It was completely unexpected, if not shocking. Now I feel very angry, I was expecting so much from our journey, now all plans seem to go down the drain. This nasty feeling hasn't left me yet. I don't know when we'll have a chance to see again. What can I do about this situation? How do I calm myself down?

I don't know how you can calm yourself, because I am not you. But you could talk about it with her.

I scheduled my first meeting with my lady for last February. In Octobe 2016 I found out I had not enough money for it, so I replanned. It was a shock for all of us, but we got over it.

That's my 2 cents...
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

SO and I pretty much just suffered the same difficulties in the last 2 attempts we've made to meet for the first time. My SO's grandmother passed away the first time, and the money he'd saved up ended up going on travel costs (since she lived in Germany, and he's from the states). The second time was because of work commitments and changed shifts. We're hoping he'll be able to come in end-of-August to the start of September. But there's no guarantee he'll even be able to make it then, because his workplace/bosses suck.

It really angers me, and frustrates me, when I feel our relationship is taking blow after blow and everything is being put on hold because we want to be together but we're unable to get together because reasons. The only thing I can suggest you do is do what I do: keep your head held high, grit your teeth, vent your frustrations to a friend or family when it gets too much, and focus on yourself and your life. Distraction is the best thing you can do. I get how you feel though...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuwaiti Dinar View Post
        My gf lives 3000 km away from me. We agreed to see this July about 3 months ago, we had arranged a holiday trip before. Last Friday she announced that she couldn't go with me because she had some issues with college. It was completely unexpected, if not shocking. Now I feel very angry, I was expecting so much from our journey, now all plans seem to go down the drain. This nasty feeling hasn't left me yet. I don't know when we'll have a chance to see again. What can I do about this situation? How do I calm myself down?
        Dissapointments can sting. I am sure it would have been a wonderful trip together. I am a little upset myself that I never got to take a roundtrip in Turkey with SO. But there can be a time for such adventures later on

First, did you buy tickets? Are more people coming to this trip (that will be dissapointed if you dont show up), or was it just the two of you?

If it was just the two of you, can you get a refund on the tickets or change them so that you can go to where she is and spend some time there? Then at least you can meet up and have a nice time where she is, even if it will be a different kind of trip.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Unfortunately, this is life and things don't always work out. It sucks and it's very frustrating, but all you can do is vent and then move on.
          If there is anything you can do with the tickets to not lose out on money, do it, but don't be mad at your SO for something she has no control over.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
          X