Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 YEARS NO TALKING? HOW WILL WE OVERCOME THIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 YEARS NO TALKING? HOW WILL WE OVERCOME THIS?

Hello Everyone,
    I am new here. I would like to share my story with you and i'd love to learn about yours too.
    Here we start. Sorry if I make any mistake, i try to avoid that but I am not a native english-speaker.
    I am a 17-year-old girl from Greece and he is a 19-year-old boy from S.Korea.
    We met on a site called "PenPals", he was interested about my country from a very young age so he texted me.
    we started talking every single day, we exchanged other social media as facebook, kakao and instagram.
    we would video chat from time to time, days were passing. He was already saving money to travel to Europe with his best friend. After we came closer and closer we started flirting a bit but you know it was just a small silly flirt like we all have sometimes. So we managed to meet when he reached Greece.
    That day arrived, after visiting a variety of europian countries he came to the Country i live.
    I was so happy to meet him for the first time! He stayed for 2 weeks in here. From his 3rd day of his staying in Greece he confessed his feelings for me and so did I! we knew that this would be really hard for both of us to maintain in a relationship with such a big distance (8519 km) but we promised to give our best. we spent every single day together sightseeing, trying traditional food, having fun. Generally spending all our time together. we took many pictures so we can keep them as memories! Unfortunately, the days passed so fast and it was time for him to go back to his Country. And letting go of him was the hardest thing i had to do. Both with tears in our eyes said goodbye.
    I didnt get enough of him and he didnt get enough of me. We promised to meet again the coming Winter...but the bad news came..
    After sometime of his return to his country he announced me that he has to go to army soon.
    Army in Korea is 2 whole years. And they are not allowed to use any phone device. They can use only a computer for one hour Only when they are allowed to.
    Ours plans were somehow ruined. I really don't want him to go to army, i know it sounds so selfish.
    I have no idea how are relationship is going to be. I'm afraid of him forgetting me. And I'm afraid of me too.
    Should we give it an end? or hold on to it and wait time to deal with it??
    Last edited by psilan9617_; June 17, 2017, 05:35 PM.

What about sending old fashioned handwritten letters? Is that permitted?
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

we thought of that but we have no idea if thats possible as their military system is really strict :/

Comment

I wish you good luck. I hope for you both that a certain way of cumminication is still possible.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

I found a blogger who seems to be talking about this sort of thing, so hopefully this is helpful to you:

https://thekoreankoala.blogspot.com/...ur-korean.html

I wish you both the best of luck. I honestly wouldn't give up unless I absolutely had to, so hopefully there's a solution for you guys.

Comment

Working...
          X