Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings ya'll!

Hey guys, what's up?

I'm Austrara, which is basically a mix of "Australia" and "Rara," which is the cute nickname my SO has given me. So if you thought my name was a typo, there's my explanation for why it isn't.

My SO and I have known each other for ten years or more at this point but we've been officially dating for a little over two years. We met online playing MapleStory, which is a fun 2D MMORPG game that I got hooked on when I first started college. Our guild members wanted to keep in touch outside of the game, so we added each other on all kinds of messaging services and some of us added each other on Facebook. Him and I kept in touch all this time, checking in on each other, talking about whatever, and asking questions about each other's home country. Well, it was mainly me asking dumb American questions, but hey, it was cool to learn the differences.

We then started talking on Skype more frequently and not just over text, because it was so cool to hear a genuine Australian accent besides Outback commercials. We began to talk almost every day for several months and then we became an item. Despite knowing each other and talking via webcam all this time, we had never met in person, which didn't wind up happening until exactly a year after we officially started dating. He came to see me and stayed for a month. This year, I got to see him and stayed for a month. Now we're trying to bridge the gap. Distance sucks and it is not easy, man.

It's cool to read other LDR stories and I definitely feel for ya'll who have been working hard at it. So I wish you all the best of luck with everything.

Wow, this intro is long, but our history together is long, so I deem that it is warranted. Nice to meet you all.

Hello and welcome! :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~