Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't ready to leave, feeling miserable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't ready to leave, feeling miserable...

This was the first time I had seen my boyfriend after three and a half years and I just got home a couple of hours ago..
    I wasn't ready at all and nothing could prepare me for This, I managed to stay strong in front of him but I couldnt stop crying since we said goodbye.. I've dealt with depression for as long as I can remember and it has never been so bad, I feel so miserable now and so bad that we have to go back to this.. I dont know what to do and i have no idea how to deal with this situation and these feelings.. If any of you have any tips on how to deal with this I'd really appreciate it.. What do you do to make it easier for both you and your partner? What makes you feel better? I know it might not work for me but it's worth a try..
    Thank you so much in advance.

The easiest thing to do is throw yourself back into your daily routine. There's nothing wrong with crying it out for a day, because having to say goodbye will always suck. What my husband and I like to do when the distance is getting to us, is tell each other as much. Then we try to do things like watch movies together, skype, talk on the phone, etc. We're extra loving to each other and do our best to be as supportive as possible. We encourage each other to get into the swing of things as we always have, and we try not to dwell on how much things suck.

Comment

It might also help to think about what you do have, in stead of what you don't have.

1. You do have someone who loves you very much;
      2. You do have had a great time;
      3. You do have something to look forward to (your next visit);
      4. You do have the knowledge you really love each other and that your love is stronger than distance.

Focus on the positives, how difficult that may be.

Good luck, stay strong.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
      X