Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip

We have our trip coming up in literally a few days. On other trips I've paid majority and he's paid for a few things like food or whatever small stuff.. This trip we agreed we'd share the expenses as we are meeting in a different city then our homes. Well so far I have paid for the hotel, my plane ticket, part of his plane ticket, our bus tickets...the real only big thing left to pay is his return flight home. If I pay his return flight as well I will literally have $45 until next week, so I'm freaking out trying to figure out what we will do for food or whatever else. I want to ask him to pay his own way home but I just don't know how. It makes me mad that he hasn't even offered to help even though we were supposed to be splitting everything. ...oh the only thing he has paid is our shared cell phone bill of $219 ...my portion being only $89 of that..

How do I ask him for money or ask him to pay his own way home ??

Be honest with him. "Hey, I've covered a lot for this trip already. Do you think you could cover food during the trip and your flight back? I think that would even out expenses between us a little better, and it would take a lot of stress off of my shoulders."
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Thank you I have been struggling with what to say or how to word things. I don't want to come off as a complete bag..but I need help ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by sunnymess54 View Post
        Thank you I have been struggling with what to say or how to word things. I don't want to come off as a complete bag..but I need help ya know?
        I hear you! It can be difficult to ask for something that can easily be misconstrued. Thankfully, your SO should be fairly forgiving.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

This is what I said " Hey, I'm struggling to pay for everything right now & with the kids being home I have more expenses that I didn't even think about as they are now out of school. I still need to give mom money for them for food while we are gone and for babysitting so I just can't afford to pay for your return flight, is there any chance you can pay for it ?

I think that would even out expenses between us a little better, and it would take a lot of stress off of my shoulders."

Comment

Frustrating to me that I even have to ask...especially since we have both known this trip was coming and he's gone out to the movies and festivals with his family as well as lounges with his friends...I've had to scrimp and save just to afford this so I wish he would've done the same

Comment

If you already have discussed that you split everything 50/50 then all you need to say "hey, honey your share of the trip is XXX dollars. Want to pay in cash or transfer it into my account?" Then he has to respond. If he says he can't then you have an opening for discussion that you have agreed. Also he will need to book a trip home or he will stay there. It's not your responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
                If you already have discussed that you split everything 50/50 then all you need to say "hey, honey your share of the trip is XXX dollars. Want to pay in cash or transfer it into my account?" Then he has to respond. If he says he can't then you have an opening for discussion that you have agreed. Also he will need to book a trip home or he will stay there. It's not your responsibility.
                This 100%!! You should never feel bad asking for someone to live up to their end of a deal. You agreed to 50/50 and you've already gone above and beyond.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I agree!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X