Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering from Overseas

Hi guys,

I have never done this before but really want to and considering I'm in Australia (he's USA), I wondered if anyone could advise how it works? I would love to (as cheesy as it is ☺️) order a pizza for my guy. I know his favourite... but can ordering online from another country actually work? 😅

I would think so as you'll be using a credit card to pay for it. My daughter's ex was in the military and stationed overseas and would have pizza delivered to her if she said she was hungry. Of course, he had a US address attached to his card. Give it a shot and see what happens!
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I've had stuff delivered internationally...I just googled "deliver ____ in India from USA" and shops that accepted international payments popped up. Search around!
      sigpic

Comment

It should work fine. I've ordered him things on the phone from here and just paid using my credit card.

Comment

I plan to order stuff from Amazon and deliver it to a friend living in the US sometime soon. And direct shipping being costly here, or not even available in most cases, we mostly use "middle" companies to order stuff from the US. As in, we deliver it to a company that works there, to their US address, in return they ship it in here and we still have to pay but lesser, and they are more trustworthy than the post, but that's beside the point
          I have also ordered something in Finland from here and had it delivered to my Finnish ex.

Everything works just fine as long as the site accepts your card. You add your address (where credit card is registered) as the billing one and his as the shipping one. Some sites have the function to wrap stuff and deliver them as the gifts as well. It won't happen about pizzas most likely but still. And I really feel like even when it comes to buying gifts, buying it from the online sites in their country and delivering it to them directly is way more convenient than buying and sending it through post or something. (depending where two people live of course)

Comment

I’ve sent packages to my boyfriend int the US coming here from the Philippines and the shipping cost is much more expensive than some of the contents of the package. Shipping cost usually is around (min.) 47 USD depends on the weight of the package too. Now I’m trying to order gift cards to save money however I’m having a hard time ordering because some sites wouldn’t accept credit cards from the Philippines.

Comment

Working...
            X