Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5408m Apart, 7h Difference & A Confused Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5408m Apart, 7h Difference & A Confused Me.

Hello, I'm new to this forum & unsure what I was really looking for. Maybe just to share my thoughts to people who have the same experience and more understanding of the situation

I an Asian and have been living in Seoul for the past 9 years, working full time as an engineer. I broke up with my bf of 3 years last year & though it wasn't a bad breakup (I'm one of those never-beg-for-love kinda person) I had lost the interest to start dating again. Early this year, I made the decision to study in Europe next year & that's when I started to enjoy meeting people (m/f) all across the world (who were visiting Seoul. I know its weird but it feels less complicated that way for me at that time)

I met S online several weeks ago (I know right, several weeks) & we decided to have our 1st date. He was the most charming person I've ever met & the connection was so strong we decided to meet again the next day (even though he's flying back to Belgium the very next morning). I fell in love with him on our 2nd date, & I was 100% sure it was the same for him. We spent the whole night with each other (p/s: he didn't once took any advantages on me even when he had the chance) until it was time for him to leave. Completely understand the nature of our situation, I didn't have any expectation & was so sure he'll forget me the moment he leave Seoul.

He proved me wrong. We texted each other every day & he would call me everyday after he got home from work (around 10pm Belgium time & 5am in Seoul), which was a perfect arrangement for us because I'm an early riser & woke up at 4am everyday. Both of us are a very busy people & we work ridiculous hours. Still we talk about our concerns & he was very positive about our relationship. Ill be visiting in September this year & that I even decided to go study in Belgium next year.

I wouldn't lie & say it was easy. No, it was very very hard for me. One was because I had never been so in love, I felt vulnerable & it clashes with my ego (stupid eh). And second, the 7h difference mean I get to talk alone, ask questions & answer it myself. So, I decided to talk to him about it last week, since both of us a grown adult & emotionally stable. We didn't fight but it didn't really go well either. He told me that he wasn't sure & that after a few weeks, he just came to realized the distance & the complexity of our relationship (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me especially since we already have plans to visit each other every 3 months & the fact that I'm moving to Belgium next year). He told me that he was extremely busy at moment, need to clear his mind off, & promise to talk to me again later this week. I'm completely cool & agree with his idea but it had been driving me crazy for the past few days. We didn't text each other since last week but he checked on every one of my Instagram stories every time I updated something although he barely uses Instagram. Its been driving me crazy, I am so much in love that I lose my cool this morning and texted him to tell that I miss him. Which of course, no reply yet since it'a already passed midnight in Belgium

You know, if distance is the problem, I'm capable enough to give up work here & to move myself across the continent by next week. I was so sure if he asked me to do that a few weeks ago, I won't be having 2nd thought but now I'm just not sure if it's worth it. Do you think I'm too ego? Or think too much? Should I just quit my job now & move to Belgium for the chance of what might be a true love?

Thank you for reading this extremely long post
    Last edited by Plbmn; July 6, 2017, 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling/ grammar mistakes :(
Working...
X