Finally....good news :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally....good news :)

Soo...my SO was accepted into a couple US colleges and decided to take a seat at Purdue University, which is about 4-5 hours driving away from me. He had to show financial ability by June 1, which was really nerve-wracking because his bank was from a previous area he lived in, so it was difficult to get all the necessary paperwork (apparently it wasn't set up for online banking). He literally submitted it on June 1.
    Anyway, he scheduled his student visa interview for July, and last night he called me at 2 am to tell me his visa application was accepted!! I'm so happy, but I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. If nothing goes amiss, he should be here at least by August 17!
    Some people might wonder how being 4-5 hours away from each other is bearable, but it sure beats 27! Can't wait to be able to see each other more frequently. Fingers crossed that the last hurdle is over for now
    sigpic

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear it!
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Comment

I'm so happy for you! 4 hours drive is much better then I-don't-know how many timezones!
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

That's so awesome

Comment

Yay!! Congratulations! That's awesome news

Comment

That's great! Good luck ♥
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yay~ Thats awesome
                First Met Online: April 2016
                Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
                First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
                Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

Thanks y'all! Can't wait to complain of four hours like the people on here I'm so jealous of
                  sigpic

Comment

Congrats! That is amazing news!

Comment

That is fantastic!!!

Comment

He finally came last Saturday! It was so awesome to hug him again and spend some quality time together. We took him up in the Willis Tower, where we were blessed with three hours of quality time just standing in line to get in. Apparently, Sunday is a really bad day to go there. On Monday, we drove to his university and got him all checked in and settled into his dorm. I'm so glad I got to be by his side through everything, because he seemed somewhat intimidated by everything and I was able to make sure all the bases got covered. We got him set up with a SIM card and had lunch, then we had to head back because I had to work the next day. I'm thinking of heading back there this weekend, as it's the last weekend I have off for awhile. But, whoever on here who lives in Illinois/Indiana--curse thee for thy tolls! So annoying!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thats awesome guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X