Visiting my SO in one week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting my SO in one week.

I live in the UK and my boyfriend lives in Germany. We have met online in January and got into a relationship in 2nd of Feb this year. Having PCOS I have been dealing with a lot of mood swings and often try not to let it affect the relationship but it does. My SO has been so supportive and very understanding which has made me love him so much more.

I used to be quite skeptical about long distance relationship due to hardships about the distance. This is because I used to be in a LDR with a guy from Spain and that ended miserably. After meeting my SO, I was afraid of doing it all again and my mood swings affecting the relation negatively but things have become much easier now.

Planning on meeting him at first was no easy task. My first idea was to volunteer using workaway so I can visit him and explore Germany too. However, I was rejected by the host family with a suggestion of me staying with my SO. So, He asked his family if I could stay over and despite that being rather scary I am glad we've opened it to the family.

I wish My parents were that easy. However, my parents are traditional and strict. They wish I would get married with someone from my culture (Indian) but I have mentioned my SO right now is a friend, and we will take this slowly. I hope I can invite him to meet my family.

We both talk to each other using Discord, Skype and whatsapp about our plans on meeting up. One of my worries, is whether the reality of being together will work out. I mean, we are definitely okay when we talk to each other with Skype.

Overall, I am grateful for the opportunity that I have created to meet him. It really goes to show that if you really want something, you can get it with a full heart.
Working...
X