Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Born in the South and Raised by Yankees!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Born in the South and Raised by Yankees!

Greeting Y'all!

I'm from the hot & steamy South where we say things like "I'm fixin' to go", "cut on the light" and "Bless her pea-pickin heart". I was born in the South and raised by Yankees (Chicago & Minnesota) so I have a rather unique outlook on the world around me.

I'm in a LDR with a wonderful man from Finland and we began our journey together just 7 weeks ago! My SO discovered this site and we're both excited to be here and want to learn as much as we can from all of you!

I'll talk to you again soon, if the Lord's willin' and the creek don't rise!
    Last edited by BellaDonna; July 14, 2017, 10:49 AM.
    He is the sun that warms my heart, the stream that replenishes my soul, the breeze that lifts my spirit, and the earth to which I am bound.

Welcome to LFAD! I am a total Yankee who is also in a relationship with a Finn. We've got a bit more time with ours though Hope you enjoy it here.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome and I hope you enjoy.
      Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Thanks! You met my SO back on July 6th when he introduced himself. He's not far from Helsinki.

I never imagined I'd fall for a guy that lived halfway across the world! :-)
        He is the sun that warms my heart, the stream that replenishes my soul, the breeze that lifts my spirit, and the earth to which I am bound.

Comment

Hey, welcome to the forums!

I used to date a Finnish guy as well. I feel you... I mean I wish you all the best

Seriously, though, I secretly feel glad when Finns/Finns' SOs join this site. Enjoy your stay :3

Comment

Tervetuloa. I was dating a Finnish girl years ago. Finland is a very beautiful country. I'm curious about where he's from. I might have heard about it I visited her in Mäntsälä and Lahti.

Comment

Hi! He lives near Helsinki.

Comment

Working...
              X