Do any of you track your partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
    In my personal opinion if both parties agree to this then it is fine. If person A is not allowed to go out without person B tracking then that is not ok. If person B has not told that person A that they are tracked that is not ok. If person B tracks person A but refuses to be tracked themselves then that is not ok. If person A and person B has mutually agreed to track eachother then it is fine in my opinion. I would never want to be tracked nor do I want to track anyone.

When I was younger and out with my girlfriends. One of them was constantly tecting her boyfriend "we are going to haev dinner in restaurant x" "restaurant x was full so we are going to restaurant y" "now we are going to have drinks in bar j"etc. all the time. At first I was super shocked that she seriously accepts that she has to report every step she takes. She was very confused of what I meant since she expects her boyfriend to do the same, and he does. Well then we got to talking to how it's rude to friends but that is a different topic. So in their case I can this type of thing happening and who I am to say that it is creepy if they both agree to it.
    Habits between couples, I suppose I can see that. But what I don't get is why they'd even do it in the first place. To me it's almost like you're asking permission to go somewhere and spend time with someone or just be by yourself, like you're not allowed to go someplace without some affirmation from your partner. Like... why? lol

Comment

No, that sounds invasive... doesn't sound like trust to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
        Habits between couples, I suppose I can see that. But what I don't get is why they'd even do it in the first place. To me it's almost like you're asking permission to go somewhere and spend time with someone or just be by yourself, like you're not allowed to go someplace without some affirmation from your partner. Like... why? lol
        I don't think it necessarily has to sound like a permission. It's all about the atmosphere people create. Some people just feel loved when details like that are shared and don't really associate it with obligation. They'll feel more comfortable doing it especially if the other party doesn't react weirdly to whatever they tell them and gives them freedom. Not that I'd find it less weird, but I could understand some people. I still feel like the most of the people using that feature are insecure, though.

Comment

Absolutely not!! If I am going somewhere I tell my SO and if my plans change I inform him, so he usually knows where I am. He does the same on the very rare occurrence he does something other then work and stay home. Sometimes I will share my location with him if it's something cute that I want to do when he is out here so he can look it up and see if it interests him at all. It really depends on the couple but sending your location 24/7 is just so weird to me, especially in a newer relationship when trust is just starting to be built
          First Met Online: April 2016
          Started Going Out: September 18, 2016
          First Meeting: Jan 11-18, 2017
          Next Meeting: Nov 8-12, 2018

Comment

We both do using the app on our iPhones but not because of anything other than just being interested; It's for no other reason; I also have my family and a few other friends on there.
            Met Online: 1998
            Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
            SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

We both have 'find my friends'. We both said it would be nice to see sometimes... So I'll say "I'm doing [event] later and if you look on FMF, you can see what it's like there"...
              I love her - like a table!

Comment

Working...
              X