Needing advice, head is a mess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing advice, head is a mess.

I met my partner around 8 months ago on my first trip to Lebanon. I met him the first day I arrived and spent a further 4 days with him. From the time I left we were pretty much together (quick I know). He is from Beirut whilst I live in London. As time goes by I fall deeper and deeper for him and adore him completely. He treats me like a queen, loves me in a way I've never felt love. I travelled to see him again in April, which he then introduced me to his family which was great. I'm going to see him again next month. I'm at a bit of a loss and I'm sure many of you can relate. I have people in my ear constantly telling me it won't work, that Lebanese guys are players and controlling (not that it should matter but just an FYI that he and I are both catholic). Asking me who's going to move, what's going to happen, why am I always seeing him and he is never here (it's much easier for me to travel there for visa reasons and also I'm scared for him to come over and then we don't work). We talk about who will move and it would be me. He had a government job, and I've moved around all my life, boring born in South America to South African and Jordanian parents. He doesn't seem to grasp how difficult the move would be and it's almost as if his head is in the clouds. I really want this to work but I let people into my head and it's wreaking havoc with my emotions and I'm starting to take it out on him which is so unfair. Please, if anyone else is in a similar situation please tell me about your experiences or offer any advice. I feel so sad and alone in all this and I just want to speak to someone who can please.

Thank you x

First off, it doesn't really matter what other people say. Secondly, you two have been together for 8 months. Perhaps you two can spend more time together before you definitively decide who will move.

Comment

Working...
    X