This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reintroduction!

Soooo...i was on here about two years ago, eagerly looking forward to meeting my SO in Brazil for the first time in 29 years!

He stood me up.

Didn't show.

Yep.

Looking back, I think it's a good thing. We were both hot messes coming off of long marriages that we thought would be forever. It was a train wreck waiting to happen.

Fast forward to the following year, as I am planning a second trip to Brazil to see friends. He and I hadn't spoken in months. He messages me one day and wants to apologize. I try to be very careful and keep him at arms length until I am sure he isn't going to do something stupid again and we agree to meet on my trip. I made no promises and tried to keep things low key,

This time he shows up.

And we fell right back in with each other as if 30 years were only three weeks. Six months later I went back just to spend time with him at the beach. It wasn't all lovey lovey and peaches and cream. But it was nice. Nice enough to keep going with the long distance thing.

This past spring something finally clicked in me and I felt ready. Ready to jump in with both feet and make a commitment to him and to our future together. We still have discussions. We often misunderstand each other or let culture get in the way. But I feel like its all going to be worth it in the end.

The plan is to marry in January in Brazil and then apply for his CR-1 when I get back to the states.

I'm happy to be back. Sorry it has taken me so long!
    My ticker will go here one of these days...
Working...
X