Army Brat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Army Brat

My boyfriend and I met through my best friend who he happened to go to the same school with. We're in the same grade but when we started dating I was 15 and he was 16. I went to a separate school but would meet my best friend at her school to walk home everyday. She would occasionally talk to me about this boy she was friends with and how she thought he was pretty cute (she had a boyfriend). Continuously she would bring him up and I learned how he was an Army Brat and was going to move to Texas in the summer. I never thought much of him until one night we face timed him. At that moment I thought he was the funniest and cutest boy I have ever encountered. So I started texting him and soon enough he was face timing me every night. Right from the start we both liked each other and knew we wanted to be together. But I had kept in mind that he was moving so I didn't want to get too attached. We went on multiple dates and hung out frequently and it was super obvious to both of us we liked each other a lot. Eventually he asked me out and I was thinking to say no, but the words yes just came out of my mouth. I couldn't say no, there's always just been this thing about him that I couldn't just ignore. So we started dating January 8, 2017. I kept telling myself tho not to fall too hard, that we were bound to break up eventually, that long distance wasn't an option. A few months went by and the subject of him leaving popped up here and there, around 3 months being together we were both talking about our options and how we didn't want long distance. Around that same time I told him that I loved him and of course he said it back. Month five came around and he would be leaving soon. Now our conversations were on if we did so long distance, how it would work. At this point his now 17 and I'm almost 16. As time went on we decided we'd try long distance. We spent every waking moment together dreading for the day to come when him and his family would leave. The week of the move I went over and helped them pack every day. Helping him move out and leave was one of the hardest things but I wanted to do it. The day before he was leaving we were finishing up cleaning his empty house. My mom came over and with my dog (that he loves) and she said her goodbyes to him and his family. They where leaving at 7am the next morning so I decided to stay til 10pm that night. As I was leaving I gave a little goodbye promising them I'd be back in the morning. I took my boyfriends jaket to prove to him I'll be back to give it to him. I woke up the next morning way before my alarm not being able to sleep any longer. I spent two hours wrighting him a letter that I folded up and put in his jacket pocket. My sister drove me over to his house along with my best friend early that morning. We helped them finish up packing and doing a little bit of cleaning. I gave him his jaket back like i promised and barely let go of him the whole morning. Eventually both my best friend and I gave his family our goodbyes. My best friend and my boyfriend gave each other a hug that they promised at the beginning of their relationship they'd give each other. It was what they called their first and last hug. His family piled into their cars and we had one last hug, I told him about the note I wrote him, and we said our I love you's. He then got in his car and I got in mine. Its been a month now and I'm finally 16, we're still very much in love and both very much want this to work. We've almost been with each other for 7 months now. We'll be apart for two years until we graduate but we really think we can do it. We still FaceTime every night and talk all day. Not seeing each other is really freaking hard so far (obviously) but I believe that if so many other people are doing it and believe it can work, then it's totally worth it.

Welcome and I wish the both of you good communication and lots of love for each other!
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Working...
    X