Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so excited!

Hello all,
    I certainly didn't think I would be posting in here so soon!
    So we've known each other for 19 years online, met in person in June and are very very close.
    We just hired an immigration lawyer to have him move here and after a lot of careful consideration, we know what Visa we're applying for. You will have to excuse me because I don't remember what the visas are by the classes, but we're going for the defacto Visa.
    He's coming to stay with me for three weeks on the tourist Visa in October where we will touch base with our lawyer and start collecting evidence, state decs from friends and everything. Then he will come back in January on his tourist Visa where we will lodge the defacto Visa. We're then told that his trouist visa will end and a bridging one will start, so essentially, he will be living with me from January.
    I can't believe this is happening; it's kinda happened pretty quick, but we both are very happy with these plans. He is also in the situation where, even living with a housemate currently, his rent is about to go up for the third time in three years and he won't be able to afford it, so timing again!
    We are also confident, that having known each other online for so very long, will go well in our favour.
    With the risk of repeating questions here, what do you guys think of this plan? How have the Defacto Visas been working out for you?
    I haven't read this particular part of the forum at all, so looking forward to reading others experiences here.

Cheers for now!
    Met Online: 1998
    Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
    SECOND MEETING: October 2017

I'm so happy for you that you'll finally move together! Very nice. Good luck.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by rache82 View Post
      Hello all,
      I certainly didn't think I would be posting in here so soon!
      So we've known each other for 19 years online, met in person in June and are very very close.
      We just hired an immigration lawyer to have him move here and after a lot of careful consideration, we know what Visa we're applying for. You will have to excuse me because I don't remember what the visas are by the classes, but we're going for the defacto Visa.
      He's coming to stay with me for three weeks on the tourist Visa in October where we will touch base with our lawyer and start collecting evidence, state decs from friends and everything. Then he will come back in January on his tourist Visa where we will lodge the defacto Visa. We're then told that his trouist visa will end and a bridging one will start, so essentially, he will be living with me from January.
      I can't believe this is happening; it's kinda happened pretty quick, but we both are very happy with these plans. He is also in the situation where, even living with a housemate currently, his rent is about to go up for the third time in three years and he won't be able to afford it, so timing again!
      We are also confident, that having known each other online for so very long, will go well in our favour.
      With the risk of repeating questions here, what do you guys think of this plan? How have the Defacto Visas been working out for you?
      I haven't read this particular part of the forum at all, so looking forward to reading others experiences here.

Cheers for now!
      Congratulations! That is so exciting

I'm on the onshore partner visa at the moment. We didn't hire an immigration lawyer, but I had about three months before my tourist visa expired, so we had to gather everything we needed for the visa. I was able to get it done before the deadline. When we applied, I provided everything so that they wouldn't need to contact me and ask me to supply something. I figured it was better to supply everything then because it does help the processing a bit more. My visa comes in two parts. First the temporary partner visa (820), then the permanent partner visa (801). The permanent visa is not processed until two years after applying (I have no clue as to why it takes so long)

I was granted a bridging visa after my tourist visa expired. Then I was granted my temporary partner visa just 7 months after applying. Usually the processing time on the temporary visa takes at least 15 months. I know processing times have increased greatly since applying (I think it's gone up to about 18-21 months) It is coming up on a year since applying, so I have another year to go before they start processing my permanent visa. In the meantime, I can legally work and study. Also, I am able to stay here until I hear back about my permanent visa.

It's been pretty good so far with being on this visa! Again, I was granted the temporary one just 7 months after applying which is actually pretty fast! Although I am not sure why it was processed that quickly. I haven't thought much about the waiting for the permanent visa. I've just been enjoying spending time and making a life here with my SO.

I wish you luck for your visa! Even though the visa can take awhile, at least you guys get to be together <3

Comment

Thanks so much and congratulations to you as well. Seven months is quite amazing!
        I will just enjoy living with my partner with whatever Visa we're waiting for, and at the same time, continue to upload our evidence while living together as that's one thing I don't have that can prove it easier for many people. However, we have everything else going for us fortunately.

Best to you and your partner!
        Met Online: 1998
        Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
        SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Working...
        X