He left and I'm confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He left and I'm confused

So I have been dating a guy for a few months and I had bought tickets to go see him and we had been making plans for the future. A few days after he tells me he loves me he starts stonewalling me and being distant. He tells me he's feeling depressed and not sure where he is going in life. He says he's not sure if he can handle this long distance type of relationship. This whole time he says his feelings haven't changed and he still likes me. Fastforward a few days he stops replying and ignores me so I message asking if he's going to talk to me. He says I can but I don't know what to say. We talk for a few minutes why I try and figure out what's happening. He says he needs a more physical relationship and I ask if the issue is there's someone he wants to have a physical relationship with. His response has really confused me and we are over because of it. He said "there is no one at the moment but I would rather have no one and be alone than suffer from the distance between us" who says that?? Like days before he's telling me I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him and he wants to marry me one day etc and then this. Can anyone give me advice as to what might of happened? And if you think he's going to come back?

It looks like he is one of the people that is not able to handle a long distance relationship. I don't know if he's coming back, I can't read his mind.
    I'm sorry for you that you go through this, the best thing is try to get him to talk about what he really wants.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

As Erwin said, not everyone is cut off for long distance. It has absolutely nothing to do with you as a person or the relationship itself. Some people really do require being able to see their SO whenever they want and not have to plan trips or see each other infrequently. As much as it hurts, it was good that he was honest now and not a year in to the relationship. I would take him at his word and move forward on your own.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

He is not going to come, the one good thing is that he was honest. I've heard the excuse of "life" from several guys, so personally I think its an excuse. I hope you can move on because someone doing that is painful.

Comment

If he really loves you, he will fight for your relationship, no matter what.
          If he doesn't love you enough, he will find excuses.

I think it's just that simple.

Comment

Thanks everyone I appreciate the advice!

Comment

Working...
            X