Cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating?

From the 10th of August, 2015, I finally started dating my best online friend of 6 years. But around the end of July 2016, we broke up for about a week and a half. During this time, we made it clear we were not interested in getting back together [with him living in LA and me living in Queensland, Australia]. I messaged him on skype, after he blocked me on facebook, saying sorry and hoping we could still be friends again. He didn't reply for about a week, but during that time I hooked up with an ex boyfriend. Now, I thought [from his own admission] that we wouldnt barely be in contact, let alone being friends. So I hooked up with an ex boyfriend he hated. I know we were broken up, we weren't together, and as far as I knew, there would be no further contact. But about a week after the fight and the hook up, we started talking again and before long, we were talking again and started dating again [about two weeks after we broke up]. Within the next two weeks, he will finally be here and spending time with me for a few weeks. What I wanna know is, do I need to tell him about my ex? I know we weren't really together, and didnt expect to be together again. But we got back together and I feel like I should tell him before he comes to see me since now we are engaged and stuff.

At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide whether or not to tell him. But I would tell him, and watch his reaction. You guys were broken up with no expectation to get back together. You were entirely free to do as you pleased. If he has an excessive problem with it, I would consider that a red flag. If he can't let it go, reconsider the relationship. Good luck!
    sigpic

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't tell him.

He blocked you, so yes, in effect, you were broken up, and it was his doing. So, to me it's no different than you sleeping with someone in June 2015. You weren't together. It's not his business.

Now, if he flat out asks you, obviously I wouldn't suggest you lie. Honesty, always, of course. But, I don't see where anything positive can come from you offering this information. Unless you think it might come up down the road, maybe the ex blabs about it, and you want to be proactive, then maybe I can see it.

Comment

I wouldn't say anything or even think about the whole thing. If he asks if you hooked you with someone then I would tell him but other than that you were broken up and it's none of his concern.

Comment

Well, as you said, you weren't together and so he doesn't have the right to be annoyed unless he more viewed that as a "break", which I would doubt since he blocked you on one of the platforms.
          "breaking up" means just that no matter, in my opinion, if it's one week or oone year or more.
          I think it might look strange that you "hooked up" with another guy not long after you broke ue, but, as far as I'm concerned, you were still broken up.
          Met Online: 1998
          Relationship began: January 2017

FIRST MEETING: June 2017
          SECOND MEETING: October 2017

Comment

Working...
          X