Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme anxiety about never closing the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme anxiety about never closing the distance?

Hey there! I was just wondering if anyone here has had multiple visits with their SO and still feels the over whelming fear that they'll never close the gap? It'll be 2 years in December and I'm due with our little boy in October and despite the fact that we'll have a baby together and we are planning to close the distance next summer doesn't seem to calm the fears! Any tips to help with the extra stress/ anxiety?

I've had that feeling for a long time. We have been doing the distance for more than 5 years. I was ready to break up. We still haven't close the distance but for the first time we have a concrete plan. This has calmed me down. I had a lot of anxiety before this and I was about to cry at any moment, didn't want to talk to him and felt like I hated my life.

Having a baby definitely makes it more complicated. My advice is that have a solid plan. A date to close the distance. That way it's about in the air "once I get a job" "around summer". An actual date. Sometime if visa is required or not be possible. Do you have a maternity leave so you could go to him for a prolonged period of time? Of course the location affects if it's ok for a baby to travel.

Comment

I'm not going to be very helpful, but I just want to say that I've been in an LDR for over 5 years and my SO and I still have no plan/deadline to close the distance. So I totally understand the anxiety, I've had it for a long time just like Rezie. I'm sort of jealous that you at least have an idea when you close the distance, you said next year. All I can say is to keep working together with your SO to make it happen, keep talking about it and have your SO reassure you. Like Rezie said, have a more concrete date planned and have a schedule of what you need to do and when to be able to close the distance by that date. Try to meet those deadlines, but if you fail..that's okay. Make a new deadline. Keep your chin up and you should see progress.

Comment

Closing the distance internationally is not always easy. At least the way I look upon it, is a series of steps. Doing hings that makes closing the distance easier and taking initiatives. We have been long distance internationally 4 years, but we cant close the distance to me before I get a full time job and we get married. I sometimes feel frustrated, especially when I dont have enough money to visit, but I am not really scared anymore- I know that we both want to be together and I have seen us working towards that, so I can picture it happening.

What is your plan to close the distance? Did you look into the various visa options?
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X