What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do?

I've been in my LDR with my girlfriend for 6 months now. She lives in Cali and I live in Georgia. Before that, we were pretty close friends and had known each other for two years. We have so many inside jokes together and we got along great. We got lucky and saw each other in March and later in May. She went to my graduation ceremony and it was just overall amazing. We were both deeply in love and we always cuddled and held hands and went on dates since we wouldn't be able to obviously once she flew back to her state. She's told me so much that gets to my heart such as: I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I kissed you hard because i was about to cry thinking about how much i really wanted you with me. etc etc

Fast forward to July, her messages feel off and when we called, she was very unwilling to start convos and such. I asked her what was wrong and she tells me she's been stressed and the distance has been getting harder to deal with lately. We decided to take a break from the relationship and a week later, she tells me her feelings for me have faltered and she just doesn't love me as much as I love her.

We were both crying a lot in the call. She tells me she wants to fall in love with me again and that she doesn't want me gone from my life and it's just so much heartache and pain. We are trying to make it work again.

I believe the distance was truly getting too much to deal with, but also she's always busy and going out since she doesn't like to stay indoors all the time so she would distract herself often and that leaves less time to think about me.

Not only all that, but I want to close the distance soon. She's in college and I'm a hs graduate. Im planning on moving in with her and when i bring it up she says she's okay with it but we still need to work out details.

What can I do to make her realize why she fell for me? Why she decided to ask me out six months ago? How can I make it less painful for the two of us?
    Last edited by taurusnoir; August 11, 2017, 06:37 PM.

You have only dated 6 months. Long distance takes some getting used to

If she wants to get her feelings back that is possible. Sometimes, things get "lost over the distance". I too have days where I dont "feel what I feel", but experience har tought me that it is there, even when I cant feel it as much. It is good that she keeps active with school and friends. If you do too, you can have interesting things to talk about on Skype or over text.

Closing the distance is a great goal to have, however this time is also a good chance to get to know each other and how you feel for each other. The better you go together over the distance, the easier it will be to close the distance. I guess you still have a year left in high school? Then you can use that time to find out more about each other and hopefully prepare to close the distance once you are more settled in the relationship as well.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnoir View Post
      I've been in my LDR with my girlfriend for 6 months now. She lives in Cali and I live in Georgia. Before that, we were pretty close friends and had known each other for two years. We have so many inside jokes together and we got along great. We got lucky and saw each other in March and later in May. She went to my graduation ceremony and it was just overall amazing. We were both deeply in love and we always cuddled and held hands and went on dates since we wouldn't be able to obviously once she flew back to her state. She's told me so much that gets to my heart such as: I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I kissed you hard because i was about to cry thinking about how much i really wanted you with me. etc etc

Fast forward to July, her messages feel off and when we called, she was very unwilling to start convos and such. I asked her what was wrong and she tells me she's been stressed and the distance has been getting harder to deal with lately. We decided to take a break from the relationship and a week later, she tells me her feelings for me have faltered and she just doesn't love me as much as I love her.

We were both crying a lot in the call. She tells me she wants to fall in love with me again and that she doesn't want me gone from my life and it's just so much heartache and pain. We are trying to make it work again.

I believe the distance was truly getting too much to deal with, but also she's always busy and going out since she doesn't like to stay indoors all the time so she would distract herself often and that leaves less time to think about me.

Not only all that, but I want to close the distance soon. She's in college and I'm a hs graduate. Im planning on moving in with her and when i bring it up she says she's okay with it but we still need to work out details.

What can I do to make her realize why she fell for me? Why she decided to ask me out six months ago? How can I make it less painful for the two of us?
      I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I may be the minority on this opinion, but I would suggest leaving. Hearing your partner has lost feelings for you is very painful, but if you continue being w/her, you will be stuck in a one way relationship. If she lost feelings for you once, that'll happen again. When you 1st start out again, it'll prob feel great, but that won't last. She wants a hold on w/out having to commit to you. Someone who truly loves you doesn't "lose" their feelings for you.

Comment

Working...
      X