Place to meet! ADVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place to meet! ADVICE

Long story short I met this boy summer 2016 and speaking of it now summer 2017 he's my world. We've been trying to meet up for more than 10months but with his parents' disagreement it's gotten to the point where he was ready to just take a plane and dissapea front home for a week to come visit me. No matter how scared he was he talked to them and explained everything so now they're a bit more easy and support this meeting on a low level but in condition to meet up where he lives or somewhere close. So now it's up to Christmas time we have to wait but we don't know where should the meet hold place. Can you help me choose a destination close to the Netherlands which is not gonna be too expensive for both of us as we're still students? We're gonna make this as a little getaway trip and be together. Please suggest me cities (doesn't have to be big ones, small and quiet ones are even better)

In netherlands Amsterdam, Maastricht, Utrecht forexample are nice. The Netherlands is very centrally located and you can get a bus or a train anywhere in central Europe and it's not gonna be a long trip. From the mobile version I can't see where you are from but Germany next door is full of nice cities. Maybe Luxemburg since that is somewhere not everyone goes.

If the parents are not too supportive then maybe meeting in his hometown? Have you met IRL before? If you haven't then a weekend getaway to a small village might not be the best idea from safety point of view...

Comment

We have not met yet that's why it's been so hard as a first time. Yeah it's either his hometown or another country close which he prefers. I think he wants somewhere close as to be together because in his hometown he'll have to stay at home and it'd be a bit awkward with his parents if he wants to spend a night at where I'm staying. As for the safety I have to doubt at all I've been talking to this person for a year and I trust him more than I do myself. It's just been too long and I want this to be perfect like I've always imagined it

Comment

My advice would be not expecting the meeting to be perfect and as you always imagined. I just don't want you to get disapointed. It might be perfect but try to also think from the realistic point of view so that you are prepared 😊

Comment

Well, I am Dutch...
          But since I have no information whatsoever, what can I advice? How old is he, does he have a car? What part does he live in The Netherlands? Finances, can you afford a hotel, does he speak German / French ( so to opt Germany or Belgium / France / Luxembourg).
          And more, the question that hunts me most... why doesn't he have any suggestions? Since I understand he is Dutch, he should have any idea?
          Not to burn you down, I just don't understand.
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezie View Post
            My advice would be not expecting the meeting to be perfect and as you always imagined. I just don't want you to get disapointed. It might be perfect but try to also think from the realistic point of view so that you are prepared 😊

Yes that is true thank you I try to remind myself that daily but I can't help it I'm so excited. I want to think of everything until the last detail and plan it so it's even better than he has imagined it but I know it should be left to the moment

Comment

Originally posted by erwin1973 View Post
              Well, I am Dutch...
              But since I have no information whatsoever, what can I advice? How old is he, does he have a car? What part does he live in The Netherlands? Finances, can you afford a hotel, does he speak German / French ( so to opt Germany or Belgium / France / Luxembourg).
              And more, the question that hunts me most... why doesn't he have any suggestions? Since I understand he is Dutch, he should have any idea?
              Not to burn you down, I just don't understand.

Sorry I didn't know what to write I didn't want it to be too long. So to answer all your questions : he's 18 and I'm gonna be too until the time we meet, he does not have a license still, he's from Amsterdam, we can afford a hotel although we were talking about renting a airbnb and we both speak French. He suggested the whole not in the Netherlands thing and his idea was Germany as both of us have not been there yet. I was asking for more specific like city where we could stay for Christmas like somewhere where some of you have been or something and know the good things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ccciiip View Post
                Sorry I didn't know what to write I didn't want it to be too long. So to answer all your questions : he's 18 and I'm gonna be too until the time we meet, he does not have a license still, he's from Amsterdam, we can afford a hotel although we were talking about renting a airbnb and we both speak French. He suggested the whole not in the Netherlands thing and his idea was Germany as both of us have not been there yet. I was asking for more specific like city where we could stay for Christmas like somewhere where some of you have been or something and know the good things about it.
                Christmas? Go to Aachen! That is just over the border in the southern Netherlands, it's Germany, and they have the most wonderful Christmas market you can imagine. You'll probably love it. (I hope).

Comment

Christmas? Go to Aachen! That is just over the border in the southern Netherlands, it's Germany, and they have the most wonderful Christmas market you can imagine. You'll probably love it. (I hope).
                  Yes thank you so much! That's the kind of atmosphere I'm looking for, the situation with the airport is a bit tough though as there are no flights from where I am but we'll look further more into it. Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by ccciiip View Post
                    Yes thank you so much! That's the kind of atmosphere I'm looking for, the situation with the airport is a bit tough though as there are no flights from where I am but we'll look further more into it. Thank you again
                    My pleasure.
                    You can't fly to Schiphal Amsterdam International Airport? Try Frankfurt, then. That's huge. And in Germany. Easy to reach by train from Amsterdam, too. And I don't know if your bf speaks German...
                    https://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml
                    That's the website for the German railroad train planner. I would be surprised if there is no direct train from Frankfurt to Aachen.
                    Sorry if I sounded not to nice the first time. My apologies for that.

Comment

My pleasure.
                      You can't fly to Schiphal Amsterdam International Airport? Try Frankfurt, then. That's huge. And in Germany. Easy to reach by train from Amsterdam, too. And I don't know if your bf speaks German...

That's the website for the German railroad train planner. I would be surprised if there is no direct train from Frankfurt to Aachen.
                      Sorry if I sounded not to nice the first time. My apologies for that.
                      Haha that's okay no worries. Yeah I can fly to Schiphol i even found a really cheap flight as I thought I was gonna visit him there. I was just looking at Liège airport as it said was the nearest one and no flights to there but now I see that Maastricht works too so it should be fine. Thank you, it seems like you're really up to date with traveling around.

Comment

My father has travelled a lot for his work before he retired... So I know a bit, thank you.

Comment

Hello! I'm from the Netherlands as well. But I wanted to say that Maastricht is an awesome city as well. Also around christmas time, with the markets and the atmosphere! And your bf is not going to be in his own city then.

Comment

Working...
                          X